Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
I restored from backup and facetime/mms was still going, guess i'll hold off on jailbreaking until they fix this

Yep, I guessed that would happen. If you restore to the latest backup (which you synced after you jailbroke) then you will not have facetime. I am now restoring to a week old back. There is simply no way in hell I won't have facetime.

http://cl.ly/1qIb

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Restored from the backup I made right before I jailbroke. Took 5 minutes and FaceTime is back.

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
Restored from the backup I made right before I jailbroke. Took 5 minutes and FaceTime is back.

Yep, same here. Although I have a tonload of media so it took me some 1 hr all in all and now I am back to square one :D:eek:. I guess I will wait till they polish the jailbreak.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Why square one? It should be jailbroken if you just plugged it into iTunes, clicked on the phone in the sidebar, and then clicked on "Restore From Backup".

I didn't mean a fresh install/restore.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
It did for me. Here's what I did.

1. plug iPhone in and backup in iTunes
2. restart iphone
3. open Safari and jailbreak
4. restart phone again
5. go into phone settings and verify that FaceTime is missing
6. plug into iTunes
7. right click on iPhone in sidebar and restore from last backup

This just in from Comex on Twitter: "Think I found the solution to the FaceTime/MMS issue."

NEOFOLLOWER2

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Little bit off topic.

But I just jailbroke and unlocked 2 iPhone 3GS 4.0.1 with the new comes release. I'm missing the menu where you can enter in cellular apns. Mms doesn't work either

Is there any fix?

I'm hoping if come fixes it it doesn't require a restore becaus I don't have another AT&T aim to activate my phones for jailbreak. I'm on tmobile

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.