iPad mini You with your detachable cover/keyboard that you've been using a while ....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by danpass, Sep 14, 2013.

1. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

.... which one do you have and what do you like and dislike about it?

Thanks.

2. kristalsoldier macrumors regular

kristalsoldier

I don't have any. For typing purposes I use a completely different mobile device.

3. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

I use the Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

Main Like:
    Full size keyboard

Main Dislike:
    Not so portable

I've looked at various keyboard cases but I just don't like the bulk since I don't need a physical keyboard all the time.

4. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502

JPNFRK7

I use the Amazon Basics Bluetooth keyboard and the smart cover to hold the iPad up. The iPad mini keyboard cases seemed like the keyboard was too small.

5. danpass thread starter macrumors 68020

danpass

Has anyone tried the Logitech or Zagg offerings?

6. TJ61 macrumors 6502a

Sorry, no experience with the devices you're asking about, but in case you're open to an alternate approach:

After looking at bt kbd options for my mini, I decided to go a different route, and got a stand-alone kbd. I already have a slim folio case that I like, didn't want to always have the bulk of a kbd with me, and didn't want to be constantly swapping cases.

So, for $20 I got a small (1/4" thick) keyboard that I can throw into my bag to take with me when needed. The kbd is nearly full size key layout (though still only 9.5" x 5") so no compromises with quote characters, etc., that some mini kbds have (requiring Fn keys etc.). In use, the folio cover stands my mini up, and I set that behind the kbd on a table/desk.

7. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I have the Belkin cover that I cut the keyboard off from and use. Fits in my pocket, and I can use a different case or the smart cover to stand it up.

8. Fireproof! macrumors 6502a

Fireproof!

Yes, I use the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover. And so do several colleagues. We all like it. I love it - the keys are really nice to type on - I can type just as fast as on my MBP.

And I love the fact that it is held in the slot with a magnet so it doesn't fall out easily. It allows me to type with the ipad on my knees when sitting in a chair at the airport, for example.

The only downside is that it's not a protective case at all. Drop it and you're gonna have a problem. But I like it and will likely get another one when I upgrade to the iPad 5.

9. disturbed932 macrumors newbie

Zagg Keys pro with the backlit keyboard and DEDICATED function keys

10. danpass thread starter macrumors 68020

danpass

I've come to report that I bought both the Logitech and Zagg Folio offerings to test out.

I tried the Zagg first and it was simple to pair, easy to use, any angle for the mini.

I've just now tried the Logitech. simple to pair, but tougher to use. Also the magnets don't line up lol.

For the Logitech I like the feel of the keys and the feedback when pressing them but the Zagg is close behind on that.

Everything else, the Zagg wins handily.

But even so I'm not so sure I'll keep either keyboard.

11. BerlingerT macrumors member

BerlingerT

I have the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Mini for my iPad Mini.

What do I like? I love the fact that it hinges on the iPad Mini and I can close it and carry it like a book. It fits right on the tablet, itself, and it's really convenient, both to be able to carry around, and the fact that I can set it down without setting the tablet's screen against a hard surface and risk it getting scratched up.

I also love the fact that it has the little dock and makes the tablet look like a mini laptop. Once you get used to the keyboard, it's very easy to use and I think looks very sleek and professional, especially so when I take it to work and use it for my work database.

The only things I don't like is how quickly you can type on it. This is with the Mini and the bigger version of it. I would like the keys to be a little taller, or something. I cannot type on it as fast as I can a normal keyboard. That is my only complaint. Everything else I love.

12. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Logitech ultra thin. It's been an amazing and worth every penny.