You would think that Apple...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gosabres1984, Jul 24, 2010.

1. gosabres1984 macrumors regular

would restrict an iTunes user account to one iPhone only.

Apple is famous for restricting it's users to do what they want. I find it funny how I can purchase an app from the app store and all anyone else would have to do is just use my account info (username/password) and then they could download the same app to their phone for free?

I'm in shock that Apple hasn't tried to somehow try and restrict this from happening...there is a TomTom app that costs $60 in the app store, so if I pay for it once, it can be re-downloaded on my wife's, brother's, sister's ect iPhones for free if they just use my username and password?

I would pissed if I were an app developer.

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Great idea on telling others how to get free apps.

3. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I'm pretty sure everyone already knew this. Or at least, capable of figuring it out. If not..... :\

4. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

I didn't know it could be done. Cool!

I hope Apple doesn't read these forums. Wouldn't want them to get any ideas. :D

5. Zcott macrumors 68020

I thought each device had to be authorised up to a maximum of 5 through iTunes?

6. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

If couldn't put an app I bought on my iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad without buying it 3 times... I wouldn't be buying many apps at all.

7. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Each account can only be "authorised" to be used on 5 computers.

Each iPod or iPhone can hold content from up to 5 different accounts.

8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

Most people aren't going to give out their iTunes password to strangers for obvious reasons.

Also, if you do install the Tom Tom.app on your family's iDevices they'll have to reenter your password every time an update becomes available, which points back to my statement above.

This is basically a non-issue. There's more app piracy going on in the jailbreaking community to be concerned about with the ability to download and install cracked apps.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Everyone knows this, you can authorize up to 5 computers/devices with music/movies/apps. You didn't figure out some secret that devs and Apple aren't aware of.

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Everyone does not know this.

See post #4 for an example.