You would think that Apple...

gosabres1984

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
would restrict an iTunes user account to one iPhone only.

Apple is famous for restricting it's users to do what they want. I find it funny how I can purchase an app from the app store and all anyone else would have to do is just use my account info (username/password) and then they could download the same app to their phone for free?

I'm in shock that Apple hasn't tried to somehow try and restrict this from happening...there is a TomTom app that costs $60 in the app store, so if I pay for it once, it can be re-downloaded on my wife's, brother's, sister's ect iPhones for free if they just use my username and password?

I would pissed if I were an app developer.

Chunkycat

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
I find it funny how I can purchase an app from the app store and all anyone else would have to do is just use my account info (username/password) and then they could download the same app to their phone for free?
I didn't know it could be done. Cool!

I hope Apple doesn't read these forums. Wouldn't want them to get any ideas. :D

MisterDisney

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2010
If couldn't put an app I bought on my iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad without buying it 3 times... I wouldn't be buying many apps at all.

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Most people aren't going to give out their iTunes password to strangers for obvious reasons.

Also, if you do install the Tom Tom.app on your family's iDevices they'll have to reenter your password every time an update becomes available, which points back to my statement above.

This is basically a non-issue. There's more app piracy going on in the jailbreaking community to be concerned about with the ability to download and install cracked apps.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Everyone knows this, you can authorize up to 5 computers/devices with music/movies/apps. You didn't figure out some secret that devs and Apple aren't aware of.