YouJustGetMe.com Personality Profile

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by OutThere, Aug 23, 2008.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I've always like personality tests...and I really like the way this site displays the results:

[​IMG]

Link Share!

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That was kind of fun. I feel the results are pretty accurate, although I would consider myself more competitive.

Attached Files:

3. noaccess macrumors 6502

Nice find. I'd like to protest the (IMO) super-sized "traditional" bubble tho :)
    [​IMG]

4. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

[​IMG]

Pretty accurate "personality in a nutshell" paragraph. Cool find :)

5. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Guess it's about right.

Attached Files:

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Let me know when there's a personality test which can come up with the result that you're an arsehole. Until then, I'll pass.

7. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

don't need one, got a wife for that :D

8. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Apparently I'm dead on the inside, very alternative, and a total extravert.

I'm a true Kardashian. :)

Attached Files:

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Ever wondered how it can be that everybody is "Alternative"? It's a bit like 90% of drivers thinking they're above average.

10. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Doesn't seem to shocking to be honest...

Attached Files:

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Always thought I was more traditional. I am in my beliefs and such.

Attached Files:

12. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I suppose some of it is correct...

Attached Files:

13. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

That was really short.

Some of my favorite lines from the breakdown:
    Disciplined-
    "Despite the teasing that you get from your not-as-perfect friends and family, you always know where that CD you're looking for is because of your alphabetized collection. And, you can have a holier-than-thou attitude towards others because you know that you got it going on. People can always depend on you because you would rather be poked by a thousand hot-pointed needles then have someone think that you're a slacker."
    Alternative-
    "…it would not be a big surprise if you indulged in other substances to heighten your senses. After all, whoever heard of creative geniuses who were sober?"
    "Mostly, you're a lot of fun to hang out with because you're always game for whatever idea your non-medicated (but should be) friend has in mind."

Unemotional-
    "You are calm to the point that even the Dalai Lama is in line to take serenity lessons from you."
    "You are candid and blunt, which works for you most of the time until you get a question like, "Do I look fat in this dress?"
    "The only problem with being so emotionally stable is that you might bore yourself to death."

Cooperative-
    "You want people to get along and do the right thing - for each other, for the greater humanity. That's not to say that you are a total pushover, but that you believe in the niceties of life. This is probably why you are very popular with people and have many friends. The difference between you and someone who is very high in agreeableness is that you have a bit of an edge. Maybe you laugh when people fall down and hurt themselves, maybe you secretly occasionally think people suck. Whatever it is that's holding you back from winning Ms. or Mr. Congeniality, that's also what makes you more interesting."
    Extraverted-
    "I've got two words for you: Party Animal."
    "You have an opinion about every topic and are not afraid to speak your mind…"

Attached Files:

14. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Yeah, I'd like a personality test I can win.

15. Berlepsch macrumors 6502

Berlepsch

Great Test. I liked especially how it suggested I might have drug/alcohol issues based on questions on my active vocabulary and reading habits...

P.S. I see that killr_b shares the same vices. :cool:

16. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

It's not a surprise to me that all the posters so far ranked more cooperative than competitive. You hippy, indie, mac users ;)

*shrugs* Guess I'm the only competitive mac user in the world...

17. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

Interesting...

Attached Files:

18. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Oh boy, coloured balls.

They must think me a crow. :p

19. tyranna macrumors regular

tyranna

20. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

21. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

About that "Casual" bubble... "What's the big deal?" might be one of your favorite mottos. Indeed, you are pretty casual in your approach to life, taking thing as they come and not worrying too much about the future, or even the next minute. You're spontaneity earns you friends as you are very fun to be with. However, the same friends might be annoyed by your inability to show up to places on time, or even show up. Your parents may have worried about your lack of ambition at times, but hey, there's a job for everyone....even slackers like yourself. While your more stuffy peers are worrying about their incomes and 401Ks, you are out there living life to the fullest, today, tomorrow, forever. Your scores indicate that while you tend to be fairly relaxed, you also exhibit some responsible tendencies. Could it be that sometimes you actually have a plan and enjoy some semblance of order? Who knows, maybe tomorrow you might actually choose to work instead of play.

About that "Alternative" bubble... You are intellectually curious, imaginative, and literary. I do believe the technical term is "artsy fartsy." When reading poetry, the images may move you until you quiver with delight, or perhaps quivering from all of the espresso that you've been drinking. Speaking of caffeine, it would not be a big surprise if you indulged in other substances to heighten your senses. After all, whoever heard of creative geniuses who were sober? Freud was a coke-head, Hemingway was a fall-down drunk, and Robert Johnson supposedly sold his soul to the devil, probably while high on wacky tabacky. You have quite the active fantasy life and are often in la la land, earning you the well-deserved nickname "space cadet" from your loved ones. Mostly, you're a lot of fun to hang out with because you're always game for whatever idea your non-medicated (but should be) friend has in mind. The next time someone suggests that you streak naked in the dead of winter, do think twice, or at least wear some mittens.

About those "Unemotional" and "Neurotic" bubbles... To quote the Hershey chocolate company, "sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't." That pretty much sums up your score on the trait of emotional stability. There are times when you feel such intensity of emotions, mostly negative, that you just want to lie down and spend the day thinking about how you can score Prozac. In other contexts (like when you are on your meds), you feel just fine - calm, happy, ready to face the day. The emotions cancel each other out and you look like you are dealing with life fairly well statistically. Another possibility for your middle scores on emotional stability is that some things push your button more than others and when your buttons get pushed, you stress and freak. What's that I hear? Is that your mom calling? For the most part though, you are the epitome of grace under pressure.

About that "Cooperative" bubble... Your scores would suggest that you tend to be more agreeable than you are competitive. What does that mean? For starters, it means that you have a fairly strong tendency to believe in social harmony and cooperation. You are a nice person. You want people to get along and do the right thing - for each other, for the greater humanity. That's not to say that you are a total pushover, but that you believe in the niceties of life. This is probably why you are very popular with people and have many friends. The difference between you and someone who is very high in agreeableness is that you have a bit of an edge. Maybe you laugh when people fall down and hurt themselves, maybe you secretly occasionally think people suck. Whatever it is that's holding you back from winning Ms. or Mr. Congeniality, that's also what makes you more interesting.

About those "Introverted" and "Extraverted" bubbles... There are two possible reasons why you might have scored right smack dab in the middle on the trait of extraversion/introversion. First, you may be the type of person that answers "that sort of sounds like me" to questions about how you interact with the world. Do you like to party like it's 1999? Do you enjoy making small talk with the walls at a friendly get together? The answer to these incisive questions and other similar inquiries that tap into your social prowess would typically be "sometimes." The second possible reason why you are both extraverted and introverted (or neither of these traits, depending on how you look at it) is because you are statistically bipolar - answering an emphatic, "yessiree Bob" to some questions, while inaudibly whispering "that's not me" to other questions - causing your answers to cancel each other out. Never fear, balance is here. Frankly, being capable of enjoying time out with friends and sharing a laugh or two is that much sweeter if you can also savor time alone and take pleasure in quiet.

22. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Mine ...

Attached Files:

23. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816

DJMastaWes

Pretty accurate.

Attached Files:

24. tresbien macrumors regular

tresbien

I was too lazy to put the picture in.

About that "Disciplined" bubble... To always be responsible and dependable gets too heavy at times and you just have to shirk it all sometimes of and do something that is wild and crazy, like going to sleep WITHOUT brushing your teeth. Come and do your worst, dental bacteria! No one is arguing that you are not reliable; it's just that you differ from your very high conscientious peers in that you also have some streaks of impulsivity and can make some spontaneous decisions, rather than lumbering through all of the alternative scenarios. Maybe you're disorganized (God forbid), or perhaps you like to leave your dirty socks all over the house (the horror), or you're a procrastinator (that's the worst one of all). Whatever is the case, you are not conscientious to the extent that you bore people with your stodgy ways.

About that "Alternative" bubble... Your scores indicate that while you are clearly a non-traditionalist, there are some aspects of your personality that are rooted in the comforts of the mundane. You may value artistic expression to the extent that walking through museums full of antiquities is your favorite thing to do. Perhaps you revel in the abstract and the unknown. Yet, you also shake your head in wonderment as to why some people choose to live their lives or decorate their bodies so non-traditionally. At times, you may also find yourself fixed in certain ideas, even though you pride yourself in being open to novelty and creative thinking. In the end, all this suggests is that you take a pinch of convention along with a scoopful of whimsy in your drink of choice.

About those "Unemotional" and "Neurotic" bubbles... To quote the Hershey chocolate company, "sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't." That pretty much sums up your score on the trait of emotional stability. There are times when you feel such intensity of emotions, mostly negative, that you just want to lie down and spend the day thinking about how you can score Prozac. In other contexts (like when you are on your meds), you feel just fine - calm, happy, ready to face the day. The emotions cancel each other out and you look like you are dealing with life fairly well statistically. Another possibility for your middle scores on emotional stability is that some things push your button more than others and when your buttons get pushed, you stress and freak. What's that I hear? Is that your mom calling? For the most part though, you are the epitome of grace under pressure.

About that "Cooperative" bubble... Your scores would suggest that you tend to be more agreeable than you are competitive. What does that mean? For starters, it means that you have a fairly strong tendency to believe in social harmony and cooperation. You are a nice person. You want people to get along and do the right thing - for each other, for the greater humanity. That's not to say that you are a total pushover, but that you believe in the niceties of life. This is probably why you are very popular with people and have many friends. The difference between you and someone who is very high in agreeableness is that you have a bit of an edge. Maybe you laugh when people fall down and hurt themselves, maybe you secretly occasionally think people suck. Whatever it is that's holding you back from winning Ms. or Mr. Congeniality, that's also what makes you more interesting.

About those "Introverted" and "Extraverted" bubbles... There are two possible reasons why you might have scored right smack dab in the middle on the trait of extraversion/introversion. First, you may be the type of person that answers "that sort of sounds like me" to questions about how you interact with the world. Do you like to party like it's 1999? Do you enjoy making small talk with the walls at a friendly get together? The answer to these incisive questions and other similar inquiries that tap into your social prowess would typically be "sometimes." The second possible reason why you are both extraverted and introverted (or neither of these traits, depending on how you look at it) is because you are statistically bipolar - answering an emphatic, "yessiree Bob" to some questions, while inaudibly whispering "that's not me" to other questions - causing your answers to cancel each other out. Never fear, balance is here. Frankly, being capable of enjoying time out with friends and sharing a laugh or two is that much sweeter if you can also savor time alone and take pleasure in quiet.

25. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose