Youngest iPhone user in the world

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArreBarre, Feb 1, 2010.

1. gibbz macrumors 68030

2. ArreBarre thread starter macrumors newbie

I remember when I was little we played with pine-cones.
    What is the world coming to :)

3. alangrehan macrumors regular

That's unbelievable...

Kid screams for phone... parents give kid phone... then use her as a jester and put a video of her on youtube...

what sane person gives a kid their phone and puts videos of them on the internet?

4. Ca$hflow macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

my 2 1/2 year old is able to unlock the screen and switch between home screen and search. They both do this if I leave my iPhone in reach by accident. They love it.

It's a challenge replacing it with something else when I am trying to get it away from them.

5. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

lol, parents who are PROUD of such a tech savy toddler, not to mention that level of dexterity at her age.
    Is it really that bad?

6. SwooshOU macrumors newbie

My two year old girl got an iPod Touch for Christmas because she was draining the batteries on my and my wife's iPhones.

It's a better investment than a Nintendo DS because there are TONS of educational games, the games are much cheaper (or free) and you can do a lot more on it than play games.

The only thing my daughter can't do on her iPod Touch (yet) is spell the name of the video she wants to watch on YouTube. She'll hand her iPod to me with the YouTube search box open and say, "Please find me Donald Duck" or whatever she wants to watch.

It's amazing that just three years ago we were all getting used to this new technology and now toddlers are flicking and swiping deftly through menus and movies. Amazing...

7. ArreBarre thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it is cool how small toddlers are using the iphone.

Apple should use this kind of stuff in commercial purposes. This definitely shows how childishly easy it is to use the iPhone.

:)

8. alangrehan macrumors regular

The general rule of thumb is Kids + phones = broken phones!! There are lots of kids toys that will enable them to develop dexterity. Giving a child a touch screen smartphone is (as I said already) turning the child into a jester for the amusement of adults. The two parents in that video seem to be getting more enjoyment out of it than the child who just want's a nice tune to rock to.

Also I wouldn't put videos of my kids on the internet. Particularly not on youtube for all the world to see. This is for obvious reasons.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Parents who want attention? Remember that whole helium balloon incident?

Yea.

10. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

One day, while she was pregnant, my aunt's iPhone went missing. Five months later my nephew was born while he was on hold with Toys R Us.

11. ArreBarre thread starter macrumors newbie

LOL, Good one :)

How the hell did you compare that with this. LOL

12. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

quite, though this wasn't the reason for your dislike of it, as you say below..

Well, children are great to laugh at, but i think the parents think more of her than just a jester. I have to disagree about who was getting the most enjoyment.., did you see the child before she got it compared with after?however you want to argue it, the child had a greater change in mood than the adults, anything else is just speculation.

why? its no different from someone looking at a child in the street, apart from being probably safer over youtube as there is no possibility of contact.

13. ArreBarre thread starter macrumors newbie

@Pixelate

Amen and echo to all your words in the above post.

14. alangrehan macrumors regular

It's completely different to seeing someone in the street....

Someone in the street can see my child and walk by.... someone on youtube can watch it over and over again and save it in their favourites....

No thank you!

Just my opinion and I'm sure every one has their own thoughts on this issue.

15. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

yes, less safe.

Someone in the street can see my child and walk by.., film them, kidnap them, hurt them...someone on youtube can watch it

yeah, watching a child on a rocking horse is f***ing evil!!!

16. alangrehan macrumors regular

Well made point until you let yourself down with unnecessary expletives!

We'll have to agree to disagree ;)

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Both involve parents after attention, on the same spectrum just at different positions.

18. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Ok, go ahead and watch my kid over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGm1_3zcH6s

I have still seen no reasons posted here why I should care at all. Your best reason is that someone might watch it multiple times? So what?

Go ahead!

19. Diet Pepsi macrumors member

Gosh, I wasn't even allowed to use the phone until I was 8 YOs and then I needed to ask first. :)

20. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

21. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Great video and my kids also love the GB song.