Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
Mind control... Simple enough. I'd be able to make people think i could do all the other stuff you talk about. Plus i'd be able to get what i want ll the time.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Ideal:
The ability to acquire any super power at will. For example, think: "teleportation...teleportation..." then have teleportation until you want something else.

Otherwise:
Invisibility
Shapeshifting/Body Changing
Mind Reading/ESP

Thanatoast

macrumors 65816
Dec 3, 2002
Denver
There's something to be said for mind control, and then again, there's something not. If you always had the option of getting people to do whatever you wanted, wouldn't you get bored after a while? Never any arguments, never any struggle. If someone annoyed you you could make them jump in a lake. Which is funny the first twelve times, I suppose. No mind control would breed laziness and ruthlessness. It's not for me.

Now telekinesis, with a high degree of power and control, could be fun. You've already obviously got the power of flight. Also, super-strength. Just grab the car with your hand and lift with your mind. You've also got invulnerability. Simply stop the air molecules around you from moving. Boom - instant invisible shield. Bullets hit it and bounce off. Or I suppose you could just stop the bullets themselves. The fun part is, this all requires mental effort and precision. You'd have to train your mind to be able to do all these things, instead of having them just be.

Mind reading might not be too bad. You'd still have to persuade people, but you'd definitely have an advantage, assuming you don't give yourself away. If you used that power too freely people would get pissed at you, and probably hostile. And I certainly wouldn't want to get on the freeway during rush hour. :)

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
The ability to read a book just by looking at it. Step into a library and do a 360° turn and be 600x smarter.... sounds good to me. ;)

I'd rather have that than time control. Time control could very well ruin a life.

scem0

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Hmmm...

1: Reality distortion. This one STARTS at the Matrix Neo level and goes up from there.

2: Telekewhatsis. See Phoenix from the X-Men.

3: Tele-Systemic. Mystic systems analysis for artifice and biology. Diagnose and fix ANYTHING.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
Mind control

Get board of it you have to be joking ???

think of all those people who would have Macs ....:D

Jagga

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2003
hamilton
lol

This is a cool thread.

strange powers mentioned. For instance ability to control nature; would in effect bind you to nature - poisons pollution would affect you as well no?? or may weaken your powers no??

Ability to travel faster than the speed of light would in essence start to make you younger as well as travel backwards in time. This could turn you into your daddy's little skirt, no?LOL.

Now the abiliity to become invisible, some of us since grade school have been able to do that on a regular basis. Some people aren't as popular or fashionable as others nor as great conversationalist, and thus just disappear in a crowd.

Now telekinesis is what I also wish for.

Time travel, and controlling time, not for me. Living for ever is just like dying for some of us that are "invisible" to most others.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I am certainly not going to waste my superpower wishes frivolously, as some of you have!

1. The ability to open envelopes without getting an occasional papercut.

2. The ability to remember to show my discount card when I make a purchase at Best Buy.

3. The ability to say Save As instead of Save when I open an old document to make a new document that's a variation of it.

Now we're talkin' superpowers!

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Originally posted by wdlove
1. Bring inner peace
2. Bring Love to fellow man
3. Bring joy

man, you always make me feel guilty for wanting superficial powers... :p

so... wdlove can get those, and since those are already taken, i'll use...

1. flying
2. healing/regeneration thing or whatever- but i can help other people too when i touch them... like the xman girl and wolverine or something...
3. smartness

:D

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
1) Creation of Objects out of Air. A la 'Power ring' Or 'Mind Powers'. (Example, Green Lantern)

2) Super Speed. *Not Like Flash* Flash is fast with his feet, I'm talking about feet, fists and brains.

3) The ability to spead Joy. Happyness, Love or otherwise. A feeling of good.

They can't hit me cause I'm fast... I make people feel good... and I can create stuff out of nothing...

:D

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
Mine would be...

1) Shape Shifting (Like Odo in DS9, but with more ability)

2) The ability to speak with and understand every creature in the universe, even Democrats, and communcate with computers as though they were people (Much better than talking with humans, humans are boring sometimes)

3) All the knowledge that ever existed in the universe and beyond.

TEG

topicolo

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2002
Ottawa, ON
1) Jedi Force Powers (Especially Jedi Mind Tricks)

2) Have no need for sleep, food, water, or air

3) Immortality

Heheh... With these powers, I can just launch myself at the nearest star system and arrive in about 300,000 years--just in time to use my Jedi Force Powers.

Frozone

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
1 - The ability to fly. I always thought it would be cool to be able to just walk out into the yard and just take off into the air.

2 - The ability to move things with my mind. Man, how I would love to just be able to concentrate and then have all of the pecan's sitting out in the orchard rise up and come fall in my bucket!

3 - The ability to freeze. Like Iceman from X2. I've always been fasinated(SP) with ice and being able to freeze what I want or create walls of ice would kick @$$!

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
actually that's a good idea, not needing food, sleep, water or air. But I like eating, so I dunno if I would totally give up eating... and sleep just feels soo good. So I dunno if I'd wanna completely give that up as well. But as for water and air, they're just overrated. :)

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
Reston, VA
oh yea, and mind control would be sweet too cause if you think about it, sex for women is very mental, (it's physical too), but they (most of them) have to be in the mood, and have to be there mentally to finish **if you know what i mean**... anyway... mind control could make them do that all the time... ;) (kinda like the french guy who makes the hot girl eat that chocolate cake in the Matrix)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
small problem....

Originally posted by mgargan1
oh yea, and mind control would be sweet too cause if you think about it, sex for women is very mental, (it's physical too), but they (most of them) have to be in the mood, and have to be there mentally to finish **if you know what i mean**... anyway... mind control could make them do that all the time... ;) (kinda like the french guy who makes the hot girl eat that chocolate cake in the Matrix)

I think for most things mental suggestion is as far as you'd want to go. Otherwise you'd be too focussed on controlling the other person and lose track of your own activities. This is not the ideal situation in intercourse.;)

Better to broadcast your own "fun" and get a kind of feedback loop going. "Mind Control" is overrated. It takes too much concentration.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Re: small problem....

Originally posted by mischief
I think for most things mental suggestion is as far as you'd want to go. Otherwise you'd be too focussed on controlling the other person and lose track of your own activities. This is not the ideal situation in intercourse.;)

Better to broadcast your own "fun" and get a kind of feedback loop going. "Mind Control" is overrated. It takes too much concentration.

Thats why i recommend power of suggestion and persuasion ... be a master manipulator is it were

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Re: Re: small problem....

Originally posted by revenuee
Thats why i recommend power of suggestion and persuasion ... be a master manipulator as it were

XnavxeMiyyep

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2003
Washington
But with mind control. you could just give the command ahead of time, and have it stay active for howeverlong you need it.

I would probably choose:

Mind Control
Telekenesis
Controlling Time

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Erm.... wrong term...

Originally posted by XnavxeMiyyep
But with mind control. you could just give the command ahead of time, and have it stay active for howeverlong you need it.

I would probably choose:

Mind Control
Telekenesis
Controlling Time

the process of implanting a behaviour is called mental conditioning. the process of implanting a triggerable event is called Programming or, in the vernacular: brainwashing.;)

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
And the process of making someone do something against their will is called puppeteering. Suddenly I feel like watching Being John Malkovich. :cool:

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Most of your super powers take the fun out of life...

Mind Control...
Controling Time...

Come on Guys... What gives, do you need to have perfect lives?

Immortality

I have a problem with Immortality... You always live... But what if you want to die huh?

What gives?

Someone just tortures you for ever... and ever... Do you want to live?
NO!
But because of your Immortality... you always live... Blah.

See all of your loved ones die... and family and friends... Bah.

Anyone who wished for Immortality
Think about it.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
There we go

my third power

Immortality ...

ya i thought about it ... it works for me ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.