Your Advice Is Needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Love I, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Love I macrumors newbie

My Situation is Im using an HP laptop Amd Turion 64x2 1.90ghz processor and 4gigs of ram. Im running pro tool mpowered 8 also reason 5 and record 1.5. i use reason 5 in live instance with 2 axiom 61 keyboards and the maudio fast track pro. for the most part it works ok, but when i use the abbey roads refill it starts to crap out. with pro tools i have no luck in even getting half way through the production. I want to upgrade to the MBP 15inch i7 with 8gigs of ram. anyone know how taxing will these applications be on the cpu on the MBP.

2. mpdonlanjr macrumors newbie

i am able to run logic on my mbp 13" just fine when doing two tracks at once. fr a macbook you'd want to upgrade to a firewire interface because its much faster transfer speeds and you get a better audio sound through it.

and i do mess around with a cheap m-audio keyboard and theres no lag while playing it through speakers connected to my audio interface.

3. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

my macbook pro was beast base model mid 2010
    I could run photoshop,safari,firefox itunes quick time garage band all at the same time, so what yoru asking for should be just fine.

4. Love I thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. Are you running logic in 32 bit mode or 64bit?

5. Love I thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response.