Your Battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DrNick8404, Mar 25, 2012.

1. DrNick8404 macrumors member

DrNick8404

How long do you get out of your macbook pro with normal daily use? Is it just lion that causes the power to last 4-ish hours? I love it when the battery say 7+ then cry when it goes back down to 4. I usually have screen brightness at 1/4 and backlit keys are off. Chrome is always open.

2. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Did you get better battery life on Snow Leopard?

3. DrNick8404 thread starter macrumors member

DrNick8404

bought it brand new from the base exchange few weeks ago with lion already installed

4. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

I have my brightness 3/4 and keyboard on full.
    With using Safari, it lasts me about 5~6 hours even with background running apps.

If I watch video it goes down to about 4 hours though.

Running OS X Lion 10.7.3

5. hafr macrumors 68030

Normal daily use for me is light browsing in Safari (fact search, news sites, the odd forum, never using flash), reading (PDF:s, word documents) and using Word and Excel (no real heavy computing though, if that could make a difference in how much juice Excel needs). I use it pretty much non stop during eight hour days and I don't even bring my charger... So let's say at least six hours without breaking a sweat.

At home, playing music in iTunes and Spotify, watching movies in iTunes, using flash and so on it lasts about four or five hours (mainly depending on how much flash I use) before I need to go find the charger.

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

At 86% health, it's about ~4.5hrs with FF and chrome open--web browsing mainly.

7. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

I went from 7 hours with Snow Leopard to 4.5 with Lion.