Your best iTunes apps!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldCorpse, Jan 11, 2008.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I just set up my iTunes 500GB worth of music in an external hard drive, and hooked it up to my stereo. I control it through the computer.

However, I'm not real satisfied with iTunes. In my experience iTunes is a bit clunky to use, and I get lost in my 15,000 tracks. It's not easy to organize, and I'm not real happy with the way iTunes naturally organizes my tracks.

Soooooo....

What are you favorite iTunes apps, enhancements and scripts and tricks - stuff that makes the iTunes experience much better?

I know of one repository of a bunch of scripts here:

http://dougscripts.com/itunes/

but what are YOUR fave solutions?

2. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Coversutra is a great small app that displays album art on your desktop for the current song, can announce the current song, show a heads up display when changing songs, and more. Version 2 adds searching your itunes library from the menu bar.

3. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

Yeah, I realize that having such a huge library of songs poses special challenges. No doubt. I'm sure iTunes would be way less annoying if I had a way smaller collection - it would be so much easier to organize transparently. However, that's not my situation. Anyhow, I'm very interested in what folks use, their special tricks, apps and enhancements... so, keep 'em coming :)

4. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    with my 200 gig library, the best 'trick' i had was spending hours and weeks organizing everything.

now it's flawless, and i couldn't be happier with iTunes.

takes some time. but it's worth it.