Your Car Audio Solution?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Olllie, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Olllie macrumors newbie

Trying to find the perfect way of playing music from my iPhone in the car whilst having it docked and charging, with the minimum of wires and hassle.

Has anyone tried streaming audio via bluetooth (a2dp)? What's the sound quality like?

Also does anyone know of a good iPhone dock for the car?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I bought a system with a USB plug that offers iPod control. You just plug in the standard docking cable and can control the music from the iPod. Bluetooth is a huge battery drain.

3. RA19 macrumors regular

http://www.parrot.com/usa/products/bluetooth-hands-free-car-kits

I have the Parrot MKi9200 system and it's terrific - plays music through your car audio system (none of that FM transmitter crap!), calls come through the car audio too. Can either have it connected to a 30-pin charger or just stream via bluetooth through car audio. Also has connectors for USB, line-in and SD card.

Highly recommended (& I don't work for them).

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Alpine head unit with a built-in iPod interface. ProClip dock. Panavise bracket.

If you want to charge you're running a cable anyway. A2DP isn't bad but in general wired beats wireless.

5. theman510 macrumors 6502

Kensington Liquid Aux

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-LiquidAUX-Deluxe-Auxiliary-Remote/dp/B0011UK2HO

I've had one for over two years now dating back to my 3GS and it's great. Charges it and you don't have to worry about plugging any additional wires in. Just pop it in the dock and it charges and plays using your Aux port, I'm assuming you have one.

Audio quality is great too. Much better than any FM transmitter type

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I just use the normal aux cable. I don't mind the cables.

7. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I stream my iPhone via a2dp every day. It's by far and wide the best solution. As you can have the phone anywhere in the car. Not noticed any difference in audio quality with bluetooth.

8. Olllie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestions! I think i'll buy a new head unit that supports A2DP and that Kensington charging dock or something similar.

9. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Any suggestions for a car that does not have a 3.5 port?