Your challenge... log into App Store

Icarus3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
So has anybody else been getting this?

Since I've 'upgraded' to El Capitan i can no longer log into App Store. If I put in the wrong password it kicks me out, if i put in the correct password it just has the spinny thing going round and round forever and doesn't let me in.

If i create a brand new user it does the same thing and won't let me in... any ideas? Sorry, any ideas that don't include a sledge hammer, a high speed train and dropping things from very high heights?

Screen Shot 3.png

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
So has anybody else been getting this?

Since I've 'upgraded' to El Capitan i can no longer log into App Store. If I put in the wrong password it kicks me out, if i put in the correct password it just has the spinny thing going round and round forever and doesn't let me in.

If i create a brand new user it does the same thing and won't let me in... any ideas? Sorry, any ideas that don't include a sledge hammer, a high speed train and dropping things from very high heights?

View attachment 598214
Have you tried restarting with reopen windows when logging back in disabled and trying again? Also trying to connect via Ethernet (if possible) rather than Wi-Fi?

Icarus3000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 17, 2015
oooo this is embarrasing.... i can't find where to turn off "reopen windows when logging back in"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.