Your Choice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TBRAMS, Jun 15, 2011.

1. TBRAMS macrumors member

I am interested in buying laptop. I currently have an iMac and I think I want to change to a laptop, but I am not sure which one to get. In your opinion what is the best laptop that Apple offers and why?

Thank you

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Please only post once
    I have moved this to the Buying Tips Forum

3. simsaladimbamba, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011

simsaladimbamba

Maybe, just maybe, you could tell us your computational needs, as listing every pro and every con for every Mac notebook seems a bit tedious, especially since one already exists in a small form.

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Excellent link. It will come in handy.

After you have reviewed the link mentioned above, here are some the practical considerations:

If your goal is portability, consider Macbook Air.
    If your goal is screen size and resolution, consider 15 inch or larger MBP or a 13 in MBP with an external monitor.
    If your goal is low cost, consider the 13 in MBP or 11.6 inch MBA.

If you have few files, you can get by with even the smallest MBA. If you are willing to deal with an external drive for bulkier items such as music, movies and photos, you can still get by with even the smallest MBA but you won't have all your stuff with you all the time.

If you need to run Windows under virtualization (vmware or parallels) consider a larger HDD so you don't run out of space after wasting space, ahem I meant to say allocating space for windows.

hope this helps...

5. Peteman100 macrumors 6502

You should either get the 15" MBP if you do any sort of computationally intensive work or a MBA if you don't

6. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech