Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpfuchs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2014
VA
Thanks so much. I ordered one. Actually from Amazon. So that Christmas gift will come true.

Glad I could help ;)

Let us know how you like it.
I just rented one for a few days as my first full frame, but I wasn't too happy with it, having used a 7D2 for a long time. Just seemed like a lot of little things I setup on the 7D2 that I had gotten used too, wasn't possible on the 6D2.

Last edited:

r.harris1

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
I've been wanting to make my way into printing images for a long time, so this year my wife is giving me an epson p800 and a few paper types from red river. While I've been reading about printing for a long time as well as watching a friend do her work, I know it will be a steep learning curve to start. The best way to learn is by doing!

Reactions: mollyc and MCAsan

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Started to get the dreaded 'sensor rot' . Black spots on images not caused by crud on the sensor , but 'corrosion' on the sensor cover glass coating . It's a known issue with M9's to the point that Leica had a replacement program (which , of course, ended last year) . The replacement sensors are allegedly redesigned to be resistant to the problem .Thought I'd dodged the bullet on this , but guess not . So it's in the hands of the white coated technicians at Leica Allendale , and , upon its return , it'll have sense , but I won't have dollars .

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Started to get the dreaded 'sensor rot' . Black spots on images not caused by crud on the sensor , but 'corrosion' on the sensor cover glass coating . It's a known issue with M9's to the point that Leica had a replacement program (which , of course, ended last year) . The replacement sensors are allegedly redesigned to be resistant to the problem .Thought I'd dodged the bullet on this , but guess not . So it's in the hands of the white coated technicians at Leica Allendale , and , upon its return , it'll have sense , but I won't have dollars .
Ouch. Sounds expensive. But if you do buy into a camera system for lawyers and doctors, don’t expect it to be cheap.

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Ouch. Sounds expensive. But if you do buy into a camera system for lawyers and doctors, don’t expect it to be cheap.
Yeah ... you wanna play , you gotta pay . The primary reason I have the 9 is I've had film M's since the 1970's , I had the glass already ( mostly bought used ) so the price of a 'reconditioned' ( read that returned by some rich guy who thought it would take the pictures for him) ,while it stung , was able to be rationalized somewhat . Anyway , in the end , I either get it fixed and hopefully get another 7 or 8 years of usage , or I resign myself to having a nicely designed piece of defective electronics .

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Yeah ... you wanna play , you gotta pay . The primary reason I have the 9 is I've had film M's since the 1970's , I had the glass already ( mostly bought used ) so the price of a 'reconditioned' ( read that returned by some rich guy who thought it would take the pictures for him) ,while it stung , was able to be rationalized somewhat . Anyway , in the end , I either get it fixed and hopefully get another 7 or 8 years of usage , or I resign myself to having a nicely designed piece of defective electronics .
Well good luck with it!

Reactions: someoldguy

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
Apple to relaunch Aperture but updated with enough features to suit all our needs.. Current Adobe and C1 are becoming more and more expensive and this market cannot continue with 20% yearly increases..

I am still using Aperture and still look for an alternative. I haven’t found anything. Maybe Luminar could become an alternative if they get the library’s right. It’s an upcoming feature. So far from what I see they do not offer albums or folders but just sort by date. Which doesn’t cut the mustard of course.

Reactions: USAntigoon

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
I had been lusting for the Olympus 7-14mm for quite some time now but at $1200, I just couldn't justify it. One finally showed up in the Olympus refurb store for $974 and I snapped it up a few weeks ago. This lens is NEVER in the refurb store or more than $100 off on sale. So my Xmas present to myself came early!! And my bday present for next year. :)

cbautis2

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2013
I had been lusting for the Olympus 7-14mm for quite some time now but at $1200, I just couldn't justify it. One finally showed up in the Olympus refurb store for $974 and I snapped it up a few weeks ago. This lens is NEVER in the refurb store or more than $100 off on sale. So my Xmas present to myself came early!! And my bday present for next year. :)

Just curious, do micro 4/3 lenses generally cost more than 35mm format lenses (just the average lens lineup and not the high end lineup for the 35mm)?

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
Just curious, do micro 4/3 lenses generally cost more than 35mm format lenses (just the average lens lineup and not the high end lineup for the 35mm)?

I guess it depends on which camera model you speaking of. Canon EF? EF-S? Maybe slightly less. A lot less than L glass. You can take a look here and compare with other formats. The 7-14mm is one of the top line Oly lenses and one of the more expensive in the line.

Last edited:

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I don't actually need anything. My tripod is on it's last legs :rolleyes: but it will do until it breaks. I have a smaller, spare one 'on loan' ;) from work as a backup and it stays in the car anyway, so not a big deal.

Who said anything about “need” lol....

I don’t want anything because it is all so expensive and I cannot let anyone spend that kind of money on me. Santa or not. Having said that, there will be no shedding of tears should an IR converted RX100 appear in my stocking.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

I don’t want anything because it is all so expensive and I cannot let anyone spend that kind of money on me. Santa or not. Having said that, there will be no shedding of tears should an IR converted RX100 appear in my stocking.
Don’t know how to break this to you, but Santa isn’t real.
and neither is the Easter bunny or tooth fairy

Mark0

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
SW Scotland

I’d like a GFX but it’s not happening! I’d need to sell my GX617, XT-2 etc to afford one!

An IR RX100 would be pretty cool. Go for it :)

Reactions: kenoh

kenoh

macrumors demi-god
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK

In general no, you can get the “pro” models and they are expensive but cheaper than 35mm full frame. The difference in price starts to show up more as you look at longer or shorter focal lengths.
Don’t know how to break this to you, but Santa isn’t real.
and neither is the Easter bunny or tooth fairy

You evil man!

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
Santa,
If you’re reading this I would really like a Sigma 35mm f1.4. Or maybe a Sony G-Master 24-70mm f2.8. Or both.

Reactions: mollyc
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.