Your comparison between Macbook pro 13 - 15 - Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Retromac2008, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Retromac2008, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017

Retromac2008 macrumors regular

Retromac2008

I can play Baldur s Gate EE - Baldur s Gate 2 EE - Icewind Dale EE on my Macbook Air
    I can play Baldur s Gate EE - Baldur s Gate 2 EE - Icewind Dale EE on my Macbook PRO 13

I can play Blackguards 1 and 2 on my Macbook Air
    I can play Blackguards 1 and 2 on my Macbook PRO 13

I can t play Diablo 3 - Heroes of the storm - Overwatch on my Macbook Air
    I can t play Diablo 3 - Heroes of the storm - Overwatch on my Macbook PRO 13

I can t play any recent heavy game on my Macbook Air
    I can t play any recent heavy game on my Macbook PRO 13

----------------------------------------

I can browse the web with safari/chrome, use Pages/Keynote/Number on my Macbook Air 13
    I can browse the web with safari/chrome, use Pages/Keynote/Number on my Macbook PRO 13

I cant use cpu/gpu intensive works on my Macbook Air 13
    I cant use cpu/gpu intensive works on my Macbook PRO 13

At the end i think that there s no point having both of em and

-------------------------------------------

- if you need a PRO MACBOOK ------->just take the 15 model (quad core cpu and decent gpu)
    - if you need a LIGHT Macbook ----------> Take the Macbook 12 or Air ---ignore the "PRO" 13.

Other reports ? Different points of view ?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Macbooks aren't designed as gaming machines, that simple really.

The 13 inch pro is a superior computer too the air, I would say don't buy an air, get a 13 inch MBP for your mobile computing needs and a 15 inch pro for performance on the go with the understanding that it won't match a gaming machine or a desktop replacement laptop, but at least it will be actually portable and have a decent battery life. No point to more than one laptop in my eyes though just get one or the other.

If you need serious performance for your work (or gaming) use a desktop that can provide that performance without the inevitable compromises of a portable machine.

3. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Which MBP 13", if it's equivalent to your Air as in 2008, are you really surprised it can't do CPU intensive work?

Buy an Xbox for your gaming needs peeps, cost a fraction and give a much better experience. Buying any Mac with gaming as a priority is like buying a Rolls Royce with off-road rally as a priority.

4. Retromac2008, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017

Retromac2008 thread starter macrumors regular

Retromac2008

i m talking about the 2015 and 2016 models, sadly i don t have my 2008 model anymore :(
    --- Post Merged, Jul 31, 2017 ---
    Hello! Do you have the new Macbook pro or the old one ?

--- Post Merged, Jul 31, 2017 ---
    tnx for the advices, but i don t play with my macs, it was just a way to compare em :)

5. Retromac2008 thread starter macrumors regular

Retromac2008

i suspect that many macbook pro 13 users are just lacking experience with the other macs.