Your Custom Web Clip Thread

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rand(), Oct 28, 2007.

1. rand() macrumors regular

Hey, all!

Personally, I didn't think I'd use the Web Clip feature of Leopard Safari 3; but, like Exposé, it took me by surprise.

A) I'll use it, probably quite a bit.
    B) I'll actually use Dashboard more in general, just because I can create a Heads-Up of anything on the web now.

So what's your first/favorite Web Clip? Made this from twit.tv's front page:

Attached Files:

2. Icedog macrumors member

anyone know if there is a way to take a widget you have created and share it with your friends? preferably those with Tiger? I guess I just need to find the .wdgt file.
    Thanks

3. chewy5000 macrumors member

idea

someone should webclip the gmail storage counter.:cool:

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

does anyone find web clip widgets pretty slow? when i load dashboard all my normal widgets load pretty fast but my web clip widgets take a while. also when the web clips are loaded and i then close dashboard then open it again the web clip widgets go blank for ages and dont show the content until i refresh them... anyone experiencing this?

5. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

To an extent yes. Think it definitely could be speeded up. Does it use the safari engine to get the info does anybody know?

I have the Rotten Tomatoes list of opening UK films and their current score.

6. RRK macrumors 6502

RRK

Im sure the speed of the website has something to do with it and maybe how many webclips you have. I only have one from espn and it loads maybe a little before some of the regular ones. I will have to look closer the next time I restart but I actually noticed the speed of webclips once recently on my own.

7. luftwaffles08 macrumors newbie

I know this is a relatively dead thread, but has anyone had the issue where the web clip will not load, and then it brings you to the site you clipped it from in safari? I tried to make a web clip from xbox.com comparing my gamerscore and my friend's. At first it runs perfectly, but the next time I turn my computer on, it will refuse to load and brings me to xbox.com again. Is there any obvious reason why this would consistently happen?

EDIT:Appears to have had to do with logging into my gamer id on xbox.com. now that i've saved my password, it accesses it fine. false alarm.

8. ratz macrumors newbie

Lynda.com

I made a web clip of Lynda.com Latest releases.

9. PoisonedAppleII macrumors newbie

i wanna know this too!!!

I have one hint for you, that I've found on researching...and talking to applecare tech support II...and twittling around with my macbook...
    the preference file for them can be found here:

:apple: home > Library > Preferences > widget-com.apple.widget.web-clip.plist

Hopefully. There's info regarding this...
    I've been wondering this myself. :)

10. PoisonedAppleII macrumors newbie

Here's where I posted my question regarding this matter:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7565793#post7565793

11. srogers1 macrumors newbie

Web Clips going black until refresh

I'm having the problem mentioned above on Snow Leopard. When I web clip an image that changes (like a cartoon that gets updated) the web clip box in Leopard would change to fit the image if the site was updated with an image of a different size. Now it doesn't do that automatically, but it picks up the new size if I force the clip to refresh. However, after I do that, the clip is black if I leave the dashboard and come back. Haven't been able to figure out a way around it.

12. kennco macrumors newbie

kennco

Autorefresh black Webclip Widget

Hey there,
    at the moment I use a Webclip I made in my Dashboard but every time I come back to the Dashboard the Webclip Widget is black. I have to use cmd+r to reload.
    Is there a way to bring the Webclip to autoreload/refresh every time I open the Dashboard? Maybe by editing the webclip plist? Saw somebody before ask but didn't find a solution.
    Thanks in advance for your help and reply.