Your expectations for next iWatch

chiefs1968

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2016
Who would like to see the the next generation apple watch with LTE and would you buy one?
Now, if the new Apple watch DOES not include LTE, would you still buy one?
Currently it seems more likely that there will be no LTE (hope I am wrong) and if that is the case I will stick to my SS series 2 and just update the new OS.

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
Not only could I care less about the next Watch having LTE, I darn sure don't need another reason to send more money to (insert the name of your wireless provider here).

I am quite happy with the SS Series 2 watch., it's a product that has evolved quite nicely ... however, I'd be happy if Apple would direct some of it's obsession with thinness in the direction of the Watch.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
I have zero use for LTE and it wouldn't benefit me. Series 2 is loaded and was a nice upgrade from the first Generation Watch with the GPS, increased water resistance and added brightness.

I'm not entirely sure a Series 3 Watch will launch this Fall. I think if WatchOS5 ends up being a major Upgrade, a newly redesigned Apple Watch will follow with added capabilities.

Reactions: CatherineVeraGat

Tripletap

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2015
Florida
Who would like to see the the next generation apple watch with LTE and would you buy one?
Now, if the new Apple watch DOES not include LTE, would you still buy one?
Currently it seems more likely that there will be no LTE (hope I am wrong) and if that is the case I will stick to my SS series 2 and just update the new OS.
I just want it to go longer than a year without having to exchange it for a manufacturers defect. I love the damn thing and it has become very useful.

smileman

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2011
My wishlist:
  1. Always on Face. This is preventing me from buying one. Why won’t Apple give people this option?
  2. Round design
  3. Thinner
  4. More battery life
  5. LTE

dwfaust

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2011
My wishlist:
  1. Always on Face. This is preventing me from buying one. Why won’t Apple give people this option?
  2. Round design
  3. Thinner
  4. More battery life
  5. LTE
1. Too much battery drain.
2. Ok. Personal preference.
3. I'd like this, but it might affect the size of the battery.
4. See #1 and #3.
5. See #1 and #3. Not sure I need another reason to give more money to AT&T.

Last edited:

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
1. Too much battery drain.
2. Ok. Personal preference.
3. I'd like this, but it might affect the size of the battery.
4. See #1 and #3.
5. See #1 and #4. Not sure I need another reason to give more money to AT&T.
I know LTE is strongly discussed on the Apple Watch forum and Many want to see it integrated into the Apple Watch. But I have no reason to believe Apple is going to venture with LTE for Series 3. I don't think it's mainstream enough to be a strong consideration for the Apple Watch when Apple is more focused on incremental improvements with Health features and other Capabilities.

Last edited: