Your expectations for next iWatch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chiefs1968, Jul 8, 2017.

1. chiefs1968 macrumors member

Who would like to see the the next generation apple watch with LTE and would you buy one?
    Now, if the new Apple watch DOES not include LTE, would you still buy one?
    Currently it seems more likely that there will be no LTE (hope I am wrong) and if that is the case I will stick to my SS series 2 and just update the new OS.

2. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

I personally don't care if the Apple Watch ever gets LTE. What would be nice is if they included more storage so you could keep more than 2 GB of music on it.

3. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Not only could I care less about the next Watch having LTE, I darn sure don't need another reason to send more money to (insert the name of your wireless provider here).

I am quite happy with the SS Series 2 watch., it's a product that has evolved quite nicely ... however, I'd be happy if Apple would direct some of it's obsession with thinness in the direction of the Watch.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I have zero use for LTE and it wouldn't benefit me. Series 2 is loaded and was a nice upgrade from the first Generation Watch with the GPS, increased water resistance and added brightness.

I'm not entirely sure a Series 3 Watch will launch this Fall. I think if WatchOS5 ends up being a major Upgrade, a newly redesigned Apple Watch will follow with added capabilities.

5. Tripletap macrumors member

Tripletap

I just want it to go longer than a year without having to exchange it for a manufacturers defect. I love the damn thing and it has become very useful.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

My first expectation is for it NOT to be called an iWatch.

7. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

Have no need for LTE but would like to get UV sensor and sleep tracking.

8. smileman macrumors member

My wishlist:
    1. Always on Face. This is preventing me from buying one. Why won’t Apple give people this option?
    2. Round design
    3. Thinner
    4. More battery life
    5. LTE

9. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

So the :apple:Watch is being replaced by the iWatch?:eek: Now I'm excited.:D Will it run iOS now????o_O

10. dwfaust, Jul 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017

dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

1. Too much battery drain.
    2. Ok. Personal preference.
    3. I'd like this, but it might affect the size of the battery.
    4. See #1 and #3.
    5. See #1 and #3. Not sure I need another reason to give more money to AT&T.

11. Relentless Power, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

I know LTE is strongly discussed on the Apple Watch forum and Many want to see it integrated into the Apple Watch. But I have no reason to believe Apple is going to venture with LTE for Series 3. I don't think it's mainstream enough to be a strong consideration for the Apple Watch when Apple is more focused on incremental improvements with Health features and other Capabilities.

12. tomtattoo macrumors member

tomtattoo