Your experience using droid or other...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darwing, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Darwing macrumors 6502

Hey guys I'm really interested to hear from the people on this forum that are not exactly the "Mac cult praise steve, apple can do no wrong" type people.

I'm interested in hearing your experience using one of the new droid phones or windows 7 phones. Comparing it to the iPhone OS, feel design reliability smoothness phone capabilities battery screen and general apps or customization.

NOTE: MAC CULT PEOPLE DON'T START DISSING THEIR COMMENTS OR DEFENDING THE IPHONE. Let them tell their story without criticism or feeling of remorse!

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

This is a good question... The first android phone i had was the atrix. (I've had every iPhone, 1st gen, 3g, 3gs, 4).. The phone was ok.. I had to do a soft reset before I left the parking lott.. Then i had to do a hard reset that night because it wouldn't let me save numbers to my phone (I tried everything, and forums said thats what i had to do).. Followed by another hard reset the next day. People said the iPhone 4 dropped a lot of calls. I was connected to my microcell and i dropped calls every 2 minutes... it was horrible..
    Also, I didn't notice the screen size difference till night time. And even then it wasn't that big of a difference.. I ended up returning that phone and went back to my iPhone...

THis past weekend, i went out and purchased an Infuse 4G. STUNNING DISPLAY! But thats about it.. i have big hands, and that phone (without) the case still gave my hands cramps.. I didn't have any freezes or anything like that. It ran smooth except some apps continued to crash for no apparent reason... If you do a lot of video calls then i wouldn't get it. Theirs no FaceTime(obviously) and Skype only does audio calls.. The camera on this phone is amazing as well.. But android as a whole. You have to take 3x as many steps to do the same thing you would on an iPhone.. For instance if i wanted to go back to my conversation list after replying to a message. you have to hit the back button twice (trust me, it gets annoying) but on the iPhone u just the button once.. i also hated on the infuse that if you went to your call log. it would only show missed calls or received calls, or dialed calls.. their wasn't an option that would show all at the same time.. Well let me rephrase that, it did, but that log would also show all your sent and received text messages, emails, etc.. so it was just to cluttered... Also the battery life on the infuse sucks... i dropped 32% in one hour. i took it back, and now I'm back to my iPhone 4.. i don't miss that screen at all

3. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

My girlfriend has a Windows Phone 7 Samsung and when she was on holiday she left it behind here and I thought I might as well give it a use and I absolutely loved it! The interface was great, the menus looked slick, and it was fast. The thing I didn't like was some of the problems it had but then most of them seem fixed in the Mango update. Since no one uses that phone in my household anymore I'll update it to Mango when released and if I really do like it as much as the iPhone 5 which I will get I'll consider moving to WP7 for good sometime next year for sure. The OS has some serious potential and Mango will be a huge step forward.

4. drewdawg macrumors newbie

Before I started using Android, I had an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3GS. I got really bored with the whole iPhone thing after 2 years so I decided to switch to an HTC Aria (it was the only Android phone on AT&T at the time).
    For the first 6 months I loved it. My only complaint was that the Android Market sucks! Anyone who says it's better than the App Store is probably high. I had about 5 apps on my phone (I had 120 on my iPhone). I also loved having flash! I actually rooted my phone and that made it even better so I really recommend rooting to anyone with Android. (It gave me free wireless hotspot)
    However, a few weeks ago my friend saw my screen was cracked and offered to give me his 3GS (which is in perfect condition) and I immediately said yes because nothing is like an iPhone. I've been happy with the 3GS ever since.

To conclude: Android is something that you'll probably use to get away from the iPhone but at the end of the day, you'll end up with an iPhone again.

5. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

OK, I am very familiar with iPhone as well as 3 different Android phones. No question that iPhone is slicker, easier to use, more polished, and, surprise, has better integration with Mac OS X. However, Android can be cheaper, and, you have choice of carriers. I'm set for the moment, but, next time around, I probably will choose an Android phone on Sprint. But, if you buy Android, be sure to get a model that is as current as possible -- some of the cheaper phones use earlier, more lame versions of Android. At the moment, Samsung might have the best Android version, although that could have changed.

6. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Android is great if you like to tinker. Anyone who thinks jailbreak can allow you to customize iPhone needs to root a android. When people speak about switching ROMS, you can literally change EVERYTHING on the phone. There are some great androids out their. Also, with each release they are getting better and better, at the end o the day I came back to the iPhone for 2 reasons: overall polish, by that I mean ease of use. 2: the iPhone 4 looks SO DAMN GOOD.

7. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

I'll throw in my quick two-cents about the three major OSs.

Android - I never owned an Android phone but that's mainly because it had a rocky start and I'm not a big fan of the UI (which is very important to me and I find it pretty horrid). There isn't much I can say here besides I like the additional functionality and customization. I've had chances to play and teeter with it, but anything more is past my knowledge.

WebOS - I adore WebOS. I really do feel like it had a chance to be a strong competitor to iOS (since it originally began using the same single device and unified experience as iOS) but the truth is that Palm (HP) really fell behind in keeping the OS up to date and adding features. Synergy is an amazing tool because it really keeps EVERYTHING in sync and together neatly and almost flawlessly. I really really feel that the notification and multitasking UI are smoother, cleaner, and much more tidy than what's seen in iOS (including iOS5 notifications). This OS is a real winner and has a lot of potential, it just needs to be maintained and actually pushed into the market. The hardware, while acceptable and decent, pales in comparison to the iPhone; HP needs to move away from the cheap materials and make a more solid device - once (and if) that moment happens and it gains consumers' eyes, WebOS's potential can be maxed out.

Windows Phone 7 - I absolutely love WP7's metro UI. It's elegant, simple, and fast. The phone is lacking randomly in some places, but it's nothing too much to nitpick at; it's a very young OS but has a lot of potential. It has deep integration with Facebook and Twitter and has tools almost as powerful as Synergy - you can tell it was well thought out. Had I not been hooked onto iOS and there was more decent hardware available (someone needs to make hardware to the iPhone and Nexus S level, it's more important than they think), I would have been using it right now. If it can grow to match the functionality of Android phones soon and continue to do it the right way, Microsoft might have a real competitor in the market.

8. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Android phones are actually very nice and it refreshing to see all the customization that is possible. However, I wish some manufacturers would focus more on the build quality of their phones. Why should I pay $299 for a plastic phone these days?

I enjoy my iPhone 4 because the app selection is still unsurpassed. Everything gets developed for iOS first it seems. Many current model Android phones are *still* waiting for netflix and yet its been on IOS forever. Then again, Google movies looks good also.

I'm excited about iOS5 but I wish Apple would change it up a bit more.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

+1

I agree with everything you said about webOS as that is the only other smartphone OS I have owned outside of iOS. Well, that and Symbian (S60 V3) which was bleh. The only thing really holding back webOS is apps and decent hardware to keep up with the big two. It is just way too unpopular. Palm pulled off something heroic like what Sega did before going under and getting bought out by HP. To me, webOS is like the Sega Dreamcast of mobile OSes. Perhaps more appreciated as years go by. Like Heath Ledger in TDK before taking his final bow. Palm bowed out with some nobility. I guess that is how Mac fans sometimes because I think webOS is a niche full of awesomeness and I am glad HP is still pouring money into it and wanting to license it to others. I won't be surprised if other's take cues from some of its intuitiveness. The most UNDERRATED OS in the market right now.

I don't think I will try Android anytime soon unless Ice Cream Sandwich blows me away. I do love Google's free services and the Nexus line.

As for WP7, maybe not for me right now. Will wait for it to grow. There was a survey that had WP7 and iOS tying for the most user friendly.

Apple iOS, Windows Phone 7 Win Usability Contest
    http://www.informationweek.com/news/mobility/smart_phones/231300486

Personally, I can never really get bored of any OS if you can customize them or if I am just content with certain needs. All of them are NOT "perfect" and how could they be if preferences and needs are all different? I would love to combine all the best parts from each one. Take Apple's library of high quality apps, polish, add Android's powerful specs and Google's FREE services, throw a dash of WP7's slick animations and Microsoft's syncing to their programs, and add webOS/QNX's multi-tasking, and we got ourselves an incredible phone with an amazing OS. But it isn't a perfect world and competition with differentiation is a good thing to further innovation.

10. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

Now I may be a big apple fan, but I did use android for a few months. Short and sweet, the iPhone blows it away in my eyes.

Customization: This was a cool feature, using different launchers, etc. to make some really cool effects that jail breaking couldn't completely do on the iPhone. However, it just SLOWS THE PHONE DOWN. Do I think the speed decrease is worth the cool looks, nope.

Overall Smoothness: iOS is slick, no doubt about that. Apps always launch faster for me, on the same internet connection, with iOS opposed to android.

Mostly everything else is the same as iOS as far as apps go(they don't look as polished though). If you want to get some awesome functions and cool advanced themes you're going to have to do some advanced work with rooting and whatnot. I know nothing about that though.

I am going as far as my 3GS vs the LG Thrive, both about 2 years old tech.

11. Darwing thread starter macrumors 6502

This is really helpful guys!

I like all your input and I agree with 90% of it, however I feel you all left out (if not the biggest reason im still with apple) is customer service and retention plan... Apple is by FAR the best service Ive ever encountered in ANY priced market at this range, any issued with your device and you get a new one handed to you with little fuss. Ive had the 3GS since it came out and I got the extended plan, anytime my headphones or phone start acting up I just give them a call or walk into a store and get brand new ones handed to me...

Android answers to nobody so you have to deal with the carriers and they dont want to lose money on refurbished phones etc.

Because Im a hacker, I obviously love the ability to edit and play with the files on my phone and customize it to my liking. apparently its even better on the Android as some of you have said.

I picked up an WP7 a while back and was thinking in my head that this is the next phone I am going to get. however at the time it still didnt have multitasking and some key features, but it was an incredible base operating system. much like ios1!!!

I feel as though this release of iphone 5 will be the toughest release for apple and may actually see a decline in their phone sales for the first time ever. Its easy to start an area and be number one at the beginning, but to stay on top is virtually impossible (Caesar + Hitler know best).

Im really enjoying reading these so please continue this thread L:D

12. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Had a Droid X

My first smartphone and I liked it. The notification system was really good. I had to do a fair amount of resets. I liked being able to do a backup daily, automatically onto the internal MicroSD card. It wasn't a bad phone, but my IP4 is just better. When IOS5 is mature, it will be much better.

13. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

i left at&t, where i had an iphone 3gs and an iphone 4, for verizon where i used a droid x for about 6 months. it was a great phone and i never had any real issues with it aside from the occasion glitch/bug that is present in most android operating systems. needless to say i bought an iphone 4 at verizon when they were released because i missed that iOS "feel" as so many people around these forums say. if for some reason i was unable to use an iphone for whatever reason i certainly would not hesitate to pick up a droid x2 or something along those lines. everyone has their own preferences and should get a phone that suits their needs, but for me that phone is the iphone 4 and possibly the iphone 5 depending on what uncle steve has in store for us all. hope my little rant helped someone, even if its not the OP

14. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Used my upgrade back in March to get the Atrix. Display was nice and a good size, not that much bigger..basically just a lil bit taller...which was nice for reading content in portrait and playing games in landscape. Though it wasn't nearly as accurate as my iPhone with the touch inputs.

LOVED having widgets. The only was I really used were Google Voice, HandCent, ScoreCenter and toggles for wifi/airplane mode and some others. Definitely miss those going back to iOS.

LOVED putting whatever I wanted on the homescreens and however I wanted them arranged, leaving less often used apps in the 'app drawer'. Changing launchers to mix up the look easily was nice as well.

Battery life was awful. Double tap to zoom on pictures was useless. It would zoom in so far where I tapped that it turned into blurry pixels, couldn't even tell what you were looking at. Recently checked an Atrix at BB and it did the same thing...don't know if there's a way to adjust it. (Also tried out on Evo 3D, and it worked just fine, so maybe its Blur?). I use screenshot quite often, so no easy way to do that was a huge downfall for me.

I could have lived with all of those things though, but ultimately took the phone back on the 30th day because I could not for the life of me get any email client to work properly. Native app, Gmail app, yahoo, K9...mail either wouldn't send or wouldn't load on my phone. Looking back...my text messages would always give me an error that they didn't send, even though recipients got them...so maybe it was just an issue with my phone in particular...but combined with everything else, I was done with it.

I've resigned myself to the fact that the new iPhone won't have widgets/control over icons, but if it doesn't have a different form factor and a larger screen at the very least...I'll be trying out another Android. Also, if it's not announced soon...I'll be trying one out no matter what...my 3g is useless at times.

15. gdjsnyder, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I actually just came back from using the Motorola Droid 3 for about a week. I had tried Android before, with the original Motorola Droid, but it didn't compare with my 3GS. So anyway, the dual core processor and qHD display made me think it may be time to try it again, and keep my iPhone 4 and just switch between them as I wanted.

I loved the phone. It had some great hardware on it, and the dual core processor made the thing fly. No lag, which was very common on my original Motorola Droid. So the first day with the phone was great, but that was pretty much the only day. The next morning I woke up to find I did not have 3G service, and there was a red circle with a bar in the middle where my bars were. I turned the device off and on, and this problem went away. However, over the next few days this reoccured about twice daily, and I would have to reboot. I did a hard reset twice, to no avail. Also, the UI lacks what I want. I wanted Android to be more like iOS UI. Instead you have to go into the app launcher to get to your apps, and with all the clutter of the carriers bloatware, sorting through my lists became tedious. Yes, some Android phones can be rooted but not the Droid 3, yet. The market is decent, but it is not like iOS's market, and apps on my phone are pretty essential to me, to pass time throughout the day when I am not busy. I only had three pages of apps, and two of them were the preinstalled bloatware. I do enjoy the customization of Android, however it becomes tricky, because some apps in the market only work for some phones. An example, a free flashlight app was to work on Android 2.2+, well I had Android 2.3.4, so I figured it would work. After three reinstalls I finally found a disclaimer that the app was only for Android 2.2, but the market listed it as 2.2+. Very confusing, and this is for a ton of apps. Basically, how there are only three iOS devices to worry about, and I only own two (iPhone and iPad), I never have to worry with iOS about "oh, can I download this", I just download it. The Android market shows you apps that aren't supported on your phone. Notifications on Android are just okay. I do enjoy the pull-down menu, and can't wait for iOS 5, and yes the Droid 3 does have an LED notification light on the phone, however when I turn the phone on the lock screen does not show me any type of notifications. I like how iOS gives you a preview of the notification. Instead, on Android, I have to unlock the phone and pull down the menu to see my notifications. Time wasting, especially when I'm at work and have literally 5 seconds to see if something is important or not. The only hardware issue on the Droid 3 was the camera. An 8MP should be great, but the iPhone 4's 5MP blew this out of the water, by a long shot. My pictures always looked fuzzy, and had a bluish tint to them.

Basically, the second time trying Android was as bad as the first time. I am actually returning the phone tomorrow, and look forward to never having to deal with the OS again. I really wanted to like the phone, and switch between iPhone and Droid 3 as I pleased, but this was not what I was looking for. May try webOS if the Palm 3 proves to be as stellar as it was previewed to be.

EDIT: OP, just saw your latest post about customer service. Verizon customer service with my issue was abysmal, at best. One rep told me that all phones lose signal (the red circle with a bar through it where the 5 bars should be), and that I would just have to deal with it. Another told me this is a software issue and and Motorola would have a fix out in a few days. And yet another told me my phone might be buggy, but after doing "diagnostics" (i.e. playing with it in the store for LESS than two minutes), was told it checked out completely fine, and there was nothing to be concerned over. By the time I was told it was fine, I knew myself I was done. I didn't even want to try a replacement. Too many conflicting reports from reps at the same store. In my very limited experience, Verizon, at least, does not like to replace a phone until you take every single step to make sure there is absolutely NOTHING it could be. I was told to hard reset the phone, and when I said I did, they told me to keep doing it until the issue went away. Verizon website got an e-mail from me, and when I got a call from a "customer service compliance officer" apologizing profusely for the "misunderstanding", he did get a piece of my mind. His solution was to write the activation fee off of my bill, but I told him not even to bother. I wasn't looking for a bribe to make the whole situation better, I was simply looking for good customer service, which I did not receive.

16. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

My story's short, so it'll seem like I'm an Apple fanboy, but trust me I'm not.

I had 3 Android phones, and 2 iPhones. The Android experience sucks. I wouldn't recommend you buy an Android phone. You'll save yourself so many headaches. I'm now on an iPhone 4 and omg... Once I got this I had a big sigh of relief. It felt amazing to come back to iOS. (I had a 3GS, then 3 Android phones, then I came back to the iP4 two months ago)

If you do go to an Android phone, enjoy:

-terrible battery life
    -organizable browser bookmarks... NOT
    -more variable hardware issues
    -lag
    -stuttery scrolling due to the lack of hardware acceleration
    -no battery percentage in the top right of your screen
    -incompatibility with random apps
    -not getting upgraded to the latest version of Android from your manufacture
    -rooting your phone to install a custom ROM to get the latest Android version. This can be either very easy or very complicated, depends on your device
    -tons of software bugs
    -worse keyboard's in comparison to Apple's default iOS keyboard (you'd be surprised how good it is in comparison to most of the keyboards on Android phones)
    -small app store
    -really weak, ugly apps from the app store (trust me, once you compare a lot of apps' iOS counterparts.. You'll wonder what's going on in the developer's head)
    -watching the "[your phone] 2" come out a month after you got yours

I could go on and on... I won't though. :/

17. taylor200588 macrumors regular

taylor200588

I've been an iPhone user since 2007!! I've had all the iPhones except for the 4. My contract came to an end 2 months ago so while I waited over the summer for the iPhone 5 to come out so I could upgrade to it, I thought I would try something new. So I sold my iPhone 3GS and purchased a HTC Wildfire. At first I honestly thought to myself "WOW this is awesome, I can do so many things that I couldnt on my iPhone, this is cool, i think i might upgrade to a fancier Android and screw the iPhone 5". However after the 2 months I've owned it by opinion on the phone has completely 180'd. Lets put it into simple terms

The phones cr@p.... its utter rubbish!! its not just the hardware but the software too, Android is so slow, its buggy, it never does what I want it to do, I cant type on it, it changes my ringtone without me knowing, it loads software up that i didnt ask it to do, I cannot for the life of me put music on the dam thing cause 1. it always becomes corrupted and 2. it slows the player right down, the Apps are rubbish and crash, everytime i take a photo .... the phone immediately DELETES my photo or becomes corrupted, the video is pants, the browser is guff, the phone SUCKS!!

I am itching for the day the iPhone 5 comes out so I can chuck this piece out the window and be gone with my horrid Android experience!! I gave it a go, I tried something new, but in the end I've learned ...... I'm an iPhone Boy :D

18. wadawow macrumors member

I used a Samsung Fascinate for 8 months before going iphone

I loved it... truly. Here are the things I miss:

The free google navigation app was so much better than on the iPhone, it's truly like a GPS.... and totally free. The one on iPhone works but it's not nearly as easy... and I could just say "Starbucks" and it would automatically direct me there. I hope the iPhone gets voice in the next IOS

Widgets!! Having a fully customizable screen was really pretty cool. I had a scrolling bookmarks widget that allowed me to scroll through all of my bookmarks and go directly to the website. I know I can do shortcuts on the iPHone but it was really pretty cool and convenient.

The things I don't miss:

Battery life, not being able to sync easily to my Mac, not being able to use a speaker dock...and many more

Overall I'm happy I finally went iPhone and have no intention of going back

19. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've used a Nexus One and a Droidx and my experience has been markedly different with both phones.

The Nexus One was a great phone. It was running a vanilla version of android that came straight from google. That means no waiting for a manufacturer to release the update. Also running vanilla meant no crapware. Also for the N1,, I could easily root the phone and install a custom rom.

The Droidx on paper looked to be an awesome phone, but the camera was not good, the screen was ok and the buttons stuck a bit. I found motorola to be exceedingly slow in providing updates and when they did, it was often pretty buggy. They also locked down the bootloader by encrypting it, and adding some other preventitive measures so only a signed rom could be installed. I think since the DX they've softened their stance a bit.

If I were to get another android phone, it would be another nexus running vanilla android or an HTC phone.

As for the OS, I found it a great operating OS that was incredibly powerful and customizable. What I didn't like about it was lack of integration with my music and pictures. I'm pretty well immersed into the apple ecosystem so I got a bit spoiled with the integration of using apple.

I'm probably going to stick with apple for the time being partly because my company has locked down their exchange servers, only iPhones and blackberries can recieve emails

20. jayenh macrumors 6502a

i gave a galaxy s2 a try for about a week but switched back. it was a data hog and i just couldn't be bothered tinkering or having to switch data on and off all the time. i probably didn't give it a fair chance... i didn't do any research in to why the phone did that and after coming from the (cliche) "it just works" iphone i honestly couldn't see why i should. so i took my sim out, put it back in the iphone 4 and let the samsung collect dust.

other than this, i think android is ok. i like how much you can customise it. i like the interface better (even just the fact that you can put icons where ever you want rather than it snapping up and to the end of your current row). but there were some little things that bugged me about the settings, how some things looked etc etc. for example, i know the screen doesn't use power for displaying black, so they used a LOT of black in the interface (to power save i guess) and i thought it was a bit ugly. again, i probably could have researched and changed this, but i didn't put in the effort.

ios has its issues... but for quick "in and out" use (similar to what WP7 goes on about) i think the iphone is currently better than android, and thats exactly how i use my phone, in short bursts.

i've never tried a WP7 phone yet, same for webos. both of which i would really like to try out.

edit: oh and another thing... the iphone charges insanely fast. the S2's battery is pretty good, but say you have 40% left and your going to go out for quite a while in 30 minutes time... the iphone can probably pick up an extra 50% charge in that time, the samsung would be lucky to get an extra 10%

21. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I've been having a Samsung Captivate since last July. I really like it, I think for me, it's a better fit than the iPhone.

Although, if the iPhone5 is good enough, I might switch back. The next Nexus is what I'm eyeing though.

22. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

I have had a htc hd2 running ws6.5 !
    I liked it a lot and i use to flash roms and themes and so many things that i was really amazed! Then android was ported so i also flashed android on it! And so on flashing roms and things that iphones cant even dream of! With flashing other roms u can make your fone look like something differnt every day! Like a new phone ;) but then we got a pretty little daughter so i had no time anymore flashing and customizing so i sold it and got myself an iphone4
    Im very happy with my iphone so far (11 months and straight jbroken) and im thinking seriously byuing iphone 5 wen its out! But i cant hide that im stil looking on galaxy s2 and some hitech androids as well..
    My advice is if u buy android give it time and spend sum hours reading in forums and dont think its just ready to work out of the box like iphones do!
    But if u give it time it will make you happy !:apple:

23. ericnspace macrumors newbie

Wow.... Awkward

Honestly, I am a giant Apple "fanboy" but the iPhone is the only thing that doesnt fully "click" for me. I Have a T-Mobile G2 and LOVE everything about it. The fact alone that it has an external keyboard is amazing as I am always texting, so I decided to try and go out on a limb and pick up an Android phone after hearing only good things... With that being said, I LOVE the android interface! I LOVE widgets (so helpful), all the customization, the snappy notifications bar, and especially the "small stuff" Apple doesn't truly want to take advantage of as of now, such as Flash, NATIVE INTERNET DOWNLOADING (i consider a MUST), and the amazingly fast 4G! Those are my main reasons of siing Android a little bit better than Apple, but there is still plenty more small things I enjoy, such as Live Wallpapers, the capacitative back and home buttons, cheaper price, and all of the Google implementations (Voice search, wi-fi calling, google talk places, THE BUILT IN NAVIGATIONcar home etc). I do find it a little bit more difficult to stay in Sync (there is no native syncing client like iTunes) but when you do get it setup with something like DoubleTwist, there is wireless syncing OR you could always use the built in Amazon MP3 by uploading your music free (5 gigs) to Amazons cloud and then streaming it to my phone. I forgot about the option to be able to install apps from the internet (open source .apks) and the new android market is a force to be reckoned with. HOWEVER, I am really looking forwaerd to seeing the iPhone 5 with all of this simple cloud talk (I have a Mac so it sounds amazing), and i really do miss the whole iPhone jailbreaking community and App Store! there is no store like the App Stores versatility and what not :) Too bad the customizatuion and openness isn't standard in iOS but I might just check out the iPhone 5 if its not tooo far off from my budget, contains 4g (please please please), widgets and cloud work great (not like mobileme lmao) and.... yeah :) thats about it :) so for now ima have to say android UI and effectiveness> closed source no keyboard/4g service/crappy native browser iOS. I would love to hear your thoughts on this :) please don't think I am trolling lol -__-