Your experience with ME293 retina macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Serpro, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Serpro macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am going to buy me293 retina macbook but i am concerned about lags in the os like mission control or lags in safari when viewing a video or resizing the page are these because of IRIS and are these lags fixed in mavericks or not have you been facing these issues, any help will be appreciated

2. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

For what's worth, I've tried the model you speak of in the store, and there is no lagging whatsoever. The Iris Pro is a fine GPU, provided you don't do any 3D work or gaming.

3. Serpro thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply well i have no interest in playing games nor 3d works i just need it for programming so what else can cause lags although there is a good CPU

4. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

Well then the Iris Pro would be sufficient for your needs. It's a very quick and responsive machine when you try it out. I didn't put it through the paces but others have and can only speak highly of it.

5. Serpro thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks a lot

6. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

No problem. When you get it, go hard on it. If it fails your rigorous tests then return it within the 14-day window.

7. bikerc macrumors newbie

8. Idarzoid macrumors 6502

It can be used for games and 3D tasks fine, Iris Pro is better at OpenCL tasks, 650m/750m is better at gaming and CUDA tasks.