Your Experiences with Apple Business Store Wanted

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Wheetman, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Wheetman macrumors member

I'm considering my first major Apple purchase and need to make it soon to get in before the end of the financial year. A colleague here in the UK suggested purchasing through the Apple Business Store to reap the benefit of their 5% business discount. I am a sole trader and therefore qualify. I was wondering if there is any downside to purchasing through the Business Store, rather than the regular online store. I am some distance from any Apple Store and therefore need to make the purchase online. This will be an outright purchase, so leasing and financing do not come into the equation. I would welcome learning of your experiences with dealings with the Business store, especially in the UK. The 5% discount is a tempting carrot, but am I about to give anything up in going down this route?:confused:

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You're not giving up anything. You're buying the same Apple products at a reduced price, the same as buying through the Education store.

3. Wheetman thread starter macrumors member

That's what I wanted to see. I was just concerned that I might find myself tied into only dealing with the business store if something went wrong. Thanks for your response.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Might want to shop around a bit- you might be able to find a better price on amazon or something. If you buy Applecare it's good no matter where you've bought the machine from.

5. Wheetman thread starter macrumors member

Good point, but somehow I like the idea of purchasing directly from Apple.

6. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Education discounts are better I have found.

The EOL on the mac pro 2.8x8 for 1899 US is amazing.

My experiences are good with them, but you may get varying information. Some places make you bend over backwards to show you are a business, while others just don't care.

Worth it if you can't find someone with an education discount.

7. Wheetman thread starter macrumors member

According to the lady I spoke to at Apple Business Store UK earlier today all that is required is to place the order by telephone rather than online to qualify for the discount. It was this lack of scrutiny that prompted my original post.

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Good. One place I called wanted me to have prior business with Apple under a business account. I thought that was odd, as what if I was a new customer?

Then another store just had me fill out a widget when I went into the store. Nothing more. We talked about business for 2 seconds and that was that.

I find that the apple stores have some of the oddest rules and salespeople who will tell you different information depending on who you talk to and when you talk to them.

But yet I continue to buy. If I was an uninformed customer and didn't know what I wanted, I would be a little angry.

9. Wheetman thread starter macrumors member

Maybe this is the reason for the lady's relaxed approach. In these troubled times, so long as they are getting the money in from somewhere...... Now where did I put my old school cap?:D