Your expierences with FedEx

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mossme89, Sep 2, 2009.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

So i just made the splurge into a Macbook Pro. It's the refurb last gen 2.4GHz unibody. Yay!! It shipped on Friday night via FedEx ground. There have been no updates after this:

Date/Time Location/Activity
    Aug 29, 2009 5:27 AM SACRAMENTO, CA Departed FedEx location
    Aug 29, 2009 12:49 AM SACRAMENTO, CA Arrived at FedEx location
    Aug 28, 2009 6:04 PM Shipment information sent to FedEx

The estimated delivery from Cupertino - Columbia,MD says September 4th (Friday). How reliable is this?? I'm just hoping it'll come on Friday becuase eotherwise i'll have to wait until after labor day weekend and that would really suck.

What have your expierence been with FedEx?

2. Thunder82 macrumors 6502

In my experience, Fedex is the best & most reliable out there. I always prefer them when something is being shipped to me. Ground tracking updates are always a bit slow. My guess is you'll see an update thursday night saying the package is at your local Fedex facility, and then out for delivery friday morning.

3. m85476585 macrumors 65816

I like Fedex a lot better than UPS, and their delivery estimates are usually very good. One time they even delivered a few days before the original estimate, which was a nice surprise (I don't know if they updated the estimate along the way, and it could have been inconvenient if someone had to be home to sign for the package). I basically got a free upgrade to 3-day shipping since my package was going from Nevada all the way to New York by ground and it should have taken the whole 5 days.

Also, I have found that if you label your package 1.4 Explosive (and you are certified to ship hazmat packages), they will be really careful with your package. Almost better than insurance! (which is notorious for denying most claims)

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Why am I not surprised? :p I guess I'll do that next time instead of writing that bit of "I-talian" script on my package - "Fragíle."

In my experience FedEx is typically very good. I have had no problems with FedEx, both in the U.S. and when I had a package shipped to me whilst living abroad. All my packages have been received without damage and in good time as well, even occasionally delivered ahead of schedule.