Your Favorite Apple Product?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by arose1980, Oct 9, 2009.

1. arose1980 macrumors newbie

What is your favorite Apple product? The iPhone? iPod? iMac? Which is it and why?

2. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

iPhone no wait iMac no wait iPhone no wait :D The iPhone is the best mobile that i've ever had and i've had over 30. Is it my favourite though? Hmm hard to say because i love my iMac. It was my first ever Apple computer and i have almost had it 2 years now and its still as fast as when i got it. It was my salvation from a dog awful vista. So i call a tie :D

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

+1 for the iPhone, especially now that it finally has all of the functions that I need.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Mighty Mouse...[/sarcasm]

I like my MacBook Pro, but probably the 12" Powerbook.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

6. celticpride678

13” 2.4GHz Late 2008 MacBook. Amazing computer. Still going strong today.

7. I'm 5 ft 8 macrumors regular

I'm 5 ft 8

8. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

iPhone. Regardless of any of Apples' other products, this is the most innovative they have ever created. Stunning.

9. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

PowerMac G4 Dual 500MHz. My first "full-time" Mac, and the one that made me really switch, rather than just play around. :D

10. hodgeheg macrumors regular

I'm old fashioned, apparently.... the final model G4 PowerBooks, especially the 15" for its 15:10 screen.

11. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

If you mean currently shipping. Then a decked out Mac Pro since it is expandable and the fastest.

If you mean all time most though about or dreamed of. Then the Quadra 840AV with the Apple Audio Vison 14" AV display, 14Kbps modem, Laserwriter, 2X CD ROM, Apple Adjustable Keyboard, 128MB RAM and external 9GB RAIDed hard drives on a super high speed 20MB/s connection.:cool:

I remember always dreaming of owning one of those beasts since it was the fastest when I bought my first Mac (I could only afford a IIvx) and you could give voice commands with the plaintalk microphone.

quadra840av300x225.jpg
    Apple_AudioVision_14_Display.png
    293n1012.jpg
    3017686049_a3912c9ac4.jpg

Some people like the look of newer computers. I think this is the pinnacle of computer design. Apple nor anyone else made a better looking combination.:apple:

12. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

Newton - The niftiest thing Apple has ever produced, IMO. It's the paradigm for the modern PDA and iPhone. Always wanted one, despite the rants.

Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh - Just a simply exquisite design exercise. Have always wanted one since I saw a picture a few years ago.

Hypercard - Probably the best app I've ever used. Easy language, just-about-infinite customizability. Seemingly endless supply of neat things to do. I wish Apple kept up with it, or at least the HyperTalk language.

Mac OS 9 - Super easy to use. I especially like the sound control panel that allows you to play the line in stuff through the output. No equivalent built-in feature for OS X. It also runs HyperCard, and app that should have never died.

iMac G3 and G4 - The most amazing computers of the 20/21st century. They blend style and performance that has never been matched and probably never will be.

PowerMac G3 and G4 - Just for the door-mounted guts. Love it.

iPod nano 1G in white - IMO, best looking iPod, maybe even device, Apple has ever put out. I've had one since the 4 GB was introduced (though I have a 2 GB).

iPod touch - iPhone without the phone. Best move Apple has made in awhile.

That's it for me. And are those in chronological order?

Velocityg4, the Quadra 840av is one of the best looking computers I've ever seen. I'd say it about ties with the iMac G4.

13. dbwie macrumors 6502

My favorite apple product of all time is the iPhone. It is the most amazing piece of handheld technology I've ever seen. It blows my mind to think about what the iPhone of 2012 will do.

My favorite apple computer, for many years, was the iMac DV special edition. It improved on the original iMac in so many ways (addition of firewire, slot loading CD-RW + DVD playing drive, excellent sound with built in harmon kardon speakers and external iSub, slot for an airport card). I bought it in 1999, sold it to my cousin in 2001 because I needed a laptop. To this day, my cousin still uses it as her main computer.

Currently, my favorite Mac is the unibody MacBook, which I'm using now. :D

Edit: I have to add Mac OS X as well. In the late 1990s, I worked in a research lab that exclusively used NeXT computers, and was blown away by that computer and OS, which was far ahead of Mac and Mac OS 7.6 at that time. The first day I installed Mac OS X beta on my iMac, I got so excited about the future of Apple that I went out and bought a bunch of apple stock. Very happy to still have that! Thank you Mac OS X.

14. flakes8 macrumors regular

flakes8

15. jointsmoking macrumors regular

Woah. Tha's a tough one. I've loved so many. I had one of the 1st 512K Mac's way back in the day. I was thrilled by my Bondi I-mac- I still use my 12inch Powerbook and I own a couple of Mini's and a brand new Macbook Pro that I love.

But I would have to say my favorite gadget of all times is the I-Phone. It's just amazing to have that much power in my shirt pocket. I use it all the time allmost like a laptip and it's changed my life for the better.

16. dazey macrumors 6502

My MDD G4, best looking desktop they ever made. Still have a titanium g4 powerbook as well that I prefer many ways in terms of design. I got rid of it, but the SE/30 is probably my favourite, I used that machine for 10 years.

17. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

It's a tie between my MacBook Air and my iPhone. I absolutely love them both for what they do! :apple::)

18. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...my whitebook and my iPod Touch...followed by my SDB AEBS...

If :apple: hadn't used such a crap cell carrier here in Japan maybe I'd also be adding the iPhone to that list but Softbank is *****e...

19. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

A combination of OSX, MacPros, and my siggy machine.

For a few days while a friend of mine rearranged his living space for his 3,1 machine, it stayed at my school. I was already liking OSX from eMacs (This is the year before last :eek:), and his machine with Adobe CS and FCS on it made all the difference (and a few skipped classes). Also at the university this year there happened to be a Mac lab which happened to have a MacPro 1,1 and a load of G5s - eventually that educated me to my decision to nab an "outdated" Powermac. And next year I will upgrade to a MacPro 4,1. What can I say? I'm a rendering junkie.:D

20. couto27 macrumors 6502

iphone- everywhere
    airport extreme 5ghz- super great fast wireless
    apple tv -for a nice movie full hd with my wife
    imac 24 inch -for a online call of duty 4 war
    macbook 13 -for travel is great
    ipod -for the 3 hours cycling training

iphone does it all:D

21. wixberry macrumors member

wixberry

22. miki66 macrumors 6502

miki66