Your Favorite Black Friday Deals (Anywhere)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by swingerofbirch, Nov 25, 2010.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I didn't see a thread for this, apologies if there is one.

I am not an avid shopper, but so far, I have picked up Mad Men Season 3 on Blu-ray for $9.99 from Amazon.com. They have the first three seasons for that price through the 27th. I already had the first two seasons from last year's Black friday sale.

I'm considering picking up the Lost Blu-ray complete collection tomorrow morning from Amazon.com at 4:30 AM when it goes on sale for $124.99 but haven't decided on that yet.

I see Amazon is selling the 64 GB iPod touch for $349 with free shipping through J&R. I had been been in the market for one, but I'm starting to feel like I'll wait for the "inevitable" Verizon iPhone.

How about you all? I don't feel very on top of the online sales beyond what I see at Amazon.com. I'm not really looking to buy anything else, but I find it fun to see what deals people find.

Oh, and, happy thanksgiving!

2. Resist macrumors 68030

One thing is for sure, Apple's BF deals will be disappointing. I'm hearing 10% off, which is not much especially for BF.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Apple never has great discounts on black Friday. Take a look at their black Friday specials of the past.

4. swingerofbirch thread starter macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I used to work for Apple's store online, and I never got why people shopped there versus Amazon, etc., but I did notice that older people in particular would buy iPods for their grandchildren, etc. It was usually very innocent, naive seeming people who don't seem to mind paying a mark-up for the Apple experience, I suppose. Many of the customers I chatted with didn't know exactly what they wanted and were very open to suggestions and help with configuring computers. I feel super-guilty myself if I don't find the absolute lowest price on something. And I never go into a store with the expectation that one of the stores "experts" (which is what I was called at Apple) would know anything more than I do. I would feel odd just walking into an Apple store or buying from them online and buying something without doing price comparisons, but people seem to love the experience. It seems nice, almost charmingly old-fashioned to not price-compare and just walk into a store and trust the sales people to take care of you. I never lived in those days, though, but some people still do--sounds nice actually, I'm not judging it. I grew up in the time of the illegal Napster when my parents would get upset at me if they found I was *paying* for music. We were taught to always look for a deal. (I do pay for music now.)