Your favorite game so far..?

rohnsmith

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2009
Hi to all

Here is your thread where you can write the name of the game that you like most.Lets skip mine because i have too much names in my mind .

Sambo110

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Australia
There are too many to name. For a fun multiplayer/party game, Rock Band. For an online shooter, Halo 3. And for an epic single player story, Metal Gear Solid 4. My most played games would be Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft though.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Best music; Turrican 2 (amiga)
Best gameplay; Left 4 Dead 2 (PC)
Best story; Half Life 2 (PC), FFVII (PSP), FFIV (DS)
Most addictive; Williams Pinball Collection (PSP)

Overall best; Castlevania Order of Ecclesia (DS)

El Cabong

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Best. Game. Ever?

Hi to all

Here is your thread where you can write the name of the game that you like most.Lets skip mine because i have too much names in my mind .
I think it'd be easier to limit it to a decade, since so many older games have soft spots in people's hearts. Capcom vs. SNK 2 is one of those, for me.

Currently, however, it's Dragon Age (PC via bootcamp).

Such an open-ended question. I want someone to say Qbert.

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
Loving GTA 4, Call Of Duty games, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6 games and Ghost Recons, Age of Empires games, X3. Erm theres loads more i love and its hard just to pick one. I used to LOVE Shining Force 2 and Skies of Arcadia. Morrowind too and Oblivion hmmm lol

Zortrium

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
Most hours logged -- probably Baldur's Gate 2. Favorite game in recent memory -- Civilization 4.

Nuck81

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2009
Western Kentucky
The past year the games I've liked the most

New Super Mario Brothers Wii

Flower

Need FOr Speed: Shift

Punchout Wii

Batman Arkham Asylum

And Ghostbusters!!

Kaos Theory

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
Well, my favorite genre is shooter. So I would have to pick Call of Duty 4 for its epic storyline and intense gameplay. CoD2 prolly has the best online play, because it's more hardcore, but overall CoD4's amazing singleplayer and good multiplayer beat it out. :apple:

PowerGamerX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2009
I have no clue, Marathon Durandal would probably get a top spot along with Sonic 3 and Gran Turismo. In the last year or so though, the games i think i've enjoyed most, would probably be World of Warcraft, Warhawk and Penumbra Overture.

AAPLaday

Aug 6, 2008
Manchester UK
I love FPSs (both tactical and action) and RPG's best and i forgot to include Brothers in Arms hells highway, i enjoyed that as well as SWAT 4

maghemi

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2009
Melbourne Australia
For me, all time for sheer amount of time spent playing it and enjoyment factor would be the original HL: Counter Strike (though source did look better).

Currently it would have to be COD:MW.

I was quite partial to HL: Day Of Defeat, but as much as I enjoyed the WW2 style game play it just wasn't quite as fun a game to play.

All other games came and went for me pretty quick.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK

DOOM 3 was my fave. Bleeding freaky it is.

My second fave has to be the classic Doom's.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Doom 3 was okay, didn't feel too much like a Doom game. They retained the atmosphere but completely lost the feeling of battling loads of monsters at once. It was just a 1v1 game, albeit a pretty good one.
Now Doom 1 and 2 on the other hand :D.

jdmlight

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Chicagoland Suburbs
My second fave has to be the classic Doom's.
Heh. Your pic made me remember the fun times as a freshman in high school running iDoom on my 4g iPod...I just reinstalled iPod Linux on my iPod 4g (yes I still have it and yes it's still in active, daily use lol) just for iDoom. Oh what fun...:D