Your favorite iPhone design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrf097, Sep 28, 2014.

1. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

While the 6 and 6+ are two very beautifully crafted devices, I'm wondering, what is everybody's favorite iPhone design.

Personally, for me I think the best looking iPhone to be made so far is the original Slate iPhone 5. In fact, the only reason I never owned the Slate iPhone 5 was because I just knew the chipping of the color would drive me INSANE and it was too pretty to keep a case on it. My friend had an original iPhone 5 in Slate and I always thought it was just absolutely beautiful, and then one day at Disneyworld he dropped it and the back got very scratched up and we both cried (but I believe he's gotten in replaced). I was actually kind of sad to see Space Gray take over Slate, because I just LOVED how the metal band had that really nice charcoal coloring.

I also thought that the white 4S was one of the most beautiful smartphones as well, because the white was both so new and the glass just looked so good.

So, what is everyone's favorite iPhone design? Is it what we have today with the 6/6+, or do you find one of the more historic models your favorite

2. Americasteam macrumors member

3. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

4. Dreday24 macrumors regular

the 4s although a big 4s would be uncomfortable to hold, the xperia line is built similarly.

5. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

5C

People hate on the plastic shell, but the unbroken unibody is elegant and comfortable to hold. Too bad this model did not receive upgraded internal hardware.

6. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

The 6/6 Plus is mine. I've owned them all. The 4 was the previous champ, but as cool as it is, it takes many of its design cues from the Leica M3. The 6/6 Plus is a better design in my opinion because it's an evolution of the iPhone 1 and doesn't reference any other previous designed object.

7. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I'm still stuck on the original iPhone. No iPhone will beat it in terms of design.

8. Angriff macrumors member

The 6 is the first one to me that's an improvement on the original design. It basically looks like a modern take on that same design to me. And it's gorgeous.

In terms of design, to me: 6 > original > 4/4S > 5/5S >>> 3G/3GS

9. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

I loved the iPhone 4 and 4s for its look and feel as well as its heft. It really felt good in my hand.

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Unboxing a brand new iPhone white 3GS 32GB back on release day was a joy. I still recall that feeling.

11. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I am waiting to see the iPhone 6 in person, since I assume it will look better than the renders/videos. Also I would love to see iPhone 4S size with the 6 design... would be awesome to hold I think.

12. Camoxide macrumors regular

Probably the slate iPhone 5

4S ranks higher than the 4 for me because of the symmetry

13. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

That's why I'm still using my white 4s. No subsequent phone has tempted me to move on. I'll probably use it until it dies, and then see what's available.

14. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

Until last Friday I'd always thought the 4 was the best iPhone ever made, it was such a giant leap forward from the 3GS, and a lovely design.
    Have to say after getting the 6, I think it's the best design. You can barely tell where the screen ends on the space grey model, and the way the screen curves into the sides feels/looks incredible.
    My favourite apple product since the 3rd gen ipad

15. CEmajr macrumors 601

16. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The 6/6+ looks best from the front but the antenna bands ruin it as the overall favorite design, so my choice would be the Slate iPhone 5.

17. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

Mine is the 6, very closely followed by the 5, then the 4.

18. rjalda100 macrumors regular

19. MacDevil7334 macrumors 6502a

MacDevil7334

iPhone 4 for me, though the 6 is a close second.

20. 1968 macrumors regular

The evil genius of Apple IMO is that they continually produce products that make me forget all about the previous ones.

21. HazChem macrumors regular

+1

I wish they could have done the 6/6 Plus like the 4/4S with the light weight of the 5/5S.

22. lke macrumors 6502a

Because I never wear rings or put anything in my pocket my iphone 5 was almost perfect always, the chipping was not a issue.

I like a lot the design of the iPhone 5S, it is better than the 5 because the back cover on the black one has another tone.

The order of my favorite iphone goes this way:

1- iphone 6 black/silver
    2- iphone 5S black
    3- iphone 4 black

When you have one iphone 6 you easily forget the other iphones design.

The iphone 6 is simply the best iphone ever in all ways.

23. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

So far it's my white/silver 5. I just think it's a truly great-looking phone; it has a solid, substantial quality to it that sets it apart. I am, however seriously contemplating the 6/6 Plus but am waiting to see them in person before deciding. The 5 is starting to show it's age in that the battery has seriously lost a lot of life, only lasting maybe a day if I baby it.

24. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Hands down, iphone 1. I have one on display and pick it up occasionally. Feels great in the hand and is made beautifully. Are the new phones light years ahead in hardware and software? Absolutely. Thinner and lighter? Of course. But aesthetically, IMO, first iphone wins.