Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobscliff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
NYC
Which has been your favorite rumor, true or not, over the past years? one that has kept you on the edge of your keyboard. mine personally is the 13" macbook, one because there were murmurs of a total redesign, and because my brother needed a computer and i had to keep telling him "there's a new one coming out soooon"

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Mammoth said:
The funniest by far was the Mac Plasma TV one. :D

That was funny. I did believe it for a time.

And how could you forget PowerBook G5 next tuesday? Or the new iMac in the elevator? :rolleyes:

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
Asteroid has to be a good one...

Also, MacOSRumors claimed that Apple would drop the then-current 17", 20" and 23" displays, and make the 30" the base model. They have also claimed a MacBook Gaming Edition is on its way :rolleyes:

iMacZealot said:
Or the new iMac in the elevator?
next to the iHome :D

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
C2D MacBook Pro.
Not.
THAT one can go away.

Shoo! Go'on geet.

My favorite rumors are about the next version of Mac OS X.

Oh yeah. All the "Video iPod" rumors are pretty funny.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Yeah, MacOSRumors is ridiculous. They always start out by saying "oh, this is a big part of world history as we know it, apple is going to release tons of new products tomorrow!" and then a few weeks later they'll say "not too much happening, we'll keep you updated about (ridiculous unannounced product)."

edit: oh my god, I just read MOSR and it's hilarious. They seriously think P2P torrents will be integrated into leopard. Dear god..... :rolleyes:

twistedlegato

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
I loved the one about the Macbook too!
The whole rumors about the different colors, i was really disappointed about no blue,purple, and green MacBook, so i got a Black one!

Superdrive

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2003
Dallas, Tx
PowerBook G5 next Tuesday!!!1!

I also was a fan of the colors on the portables. I think that was early on this spring. I'm not buying a laptop til I get my TANGERINE back.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
My top 3 are from MOSR:

1. The return of the iBook
2. The MacBook Thin
3. The MacBook Gamer

Then:

4. The plasma TV.
5. Another MOSR classic - the 8-processor Mac Pro based on the quad-core Conroe (neither the machine, nor the processor exist).

iSaint

macrumors 603
My sister's cousin told me her aunt said her friend knew the girl you were dating and said she's not right to you because she's been seeing this other guy who's married to her daughter and she's not happy anyway you'll be spending money just to keep her with you if you want that.

bobscliff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
NYC
iSaint said:
My sister's cousin told me her aunt said her friend knew the girl you were dating and said she's not right to you because she's been seeing this other guy who's married to her daughter and she's not happy anyway you'll be spending money just to keep her with you if you want that.

Where did you hear that? Did ThinkSecret report that?:eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

Retired
May 16, 2006
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the iPhone. I have a friend who has a friend, whose thind cousin once removed knows someone who has been told by their teacher that his mother's godson took a photo of an official appple poster advertising it.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
3Ghz G5... wait that wasn't a rumor..just IBM being cocky ;)

Dont Hurt Me said:
Return of the CUBE!:)
Mac mini?

psychofreak said:
I can't believe that no one has mentioned the iPhone. I have a friend who has a friend, whose thind cousin once removed knows someone who has been told by their teacher that his mother's godson took a photo of an official appple poster advertising it.
It's coming, in one way or another.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.