Your favorite wireless network choice to have iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwater, Jun 23, 2009.

?

What's your 1st choice of wireless network to have iPhone? You may pick 1 or more.

Poll closed Jul 3, 2009.
  1. AT&T

70 vote(s)
    64.8%
  2. Verizon

39 vote(s)
    36.1%
  3. Sprint

13 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. T-Mobile

11 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I understand many people are happy with AT&T and some are not so happy with AT&T.

So, what's your 1st choice of carrier to have iPhone?

2. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I'd have to say T-Mobile since thats what I have. Thank goodness for unlocking, though I'd really like to have visual voicemail. :mad:

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I'm completely happy with AT&T unless I'm at work.

But they just had a contractor out here asking for permission to build towers so that probably isn't going to be an issue for long.

4. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Well since im from the UK, i'd probably choose Vodafone as they have the best 3G reception.

O2 reception sucks, can only get full strength 3G in big towns or cities.

5. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

AT&T is fine with me, although I wouldn't mind having the option of Verizon. This graph should be made into an AT&T commercial, "More bars in more places."

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Verizon is best around where I live, but I'm picking at&t because Verizon is too expensive and I'd lose our FAN discount.

8. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

Verizon's 3G speeds are almost as slow as AT&T EDGE here. It's pitiful.

9. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

I get pretty good reception everywhere around here with AT&T. I would mind Verizon for voice, but you guys DO realize that Verizon's data infrastructure is far slower than AT&T.

10. 2good2btru macrumors member

AT&T reception is really good in my area. I think I've only had 2 or 3 dropped calls in the entire 2-years that I've been with them. I think that's partially due to my old phone though. I had a Samsung Blackjack (first one), but it had the defective radio so that was probably it.

T-Mobile isn't very popular, but they seem to have just as good reception as AT&T and so if I weren't with them(AT&T), I'd probably be with T-Mobile.

Don't have much experience with Verizon, because I've never had them, but a lot of people here use them and I've heard positive things.

Sprint sucks balls, though. Dropped calls up the yin-yang.

11. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

It's all about AT&T! Although if they switched to T-Mobile this last go round, I'd be perfectly happy. They just installed a tower (horribly disguised as a tree) on my high school campus, so I could get REALLY fast internet while trying not to fall asleep in class!

But, sadly, it's my senior year so it won't be happening. :(

12. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

The results of this poll are shocking to me. All you see around here are threads with people griping about how horrible AT&T is.

Guess it goes hand in hand with the people griping about poor build quality. Those that are satisfied are the ones that remain quiet...

13. ifoney macrumors newbie

Id have to say Sprint, the AT&T phone has slow ass 3G and barely any phone reception in places i go, my Sprint always had full signal in the places i always go around and avg get 1.5~2megbits download speeds and 270up, not to mention ive used more then 5GB of bandwidth monthly and they never charge or say anything about it. Tethered to my laptop its a great combo, unfortunately the ATT phones cant seem to match that right now.

14. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

With Verizon, I had about 0-1 bars at all times in my house. Now with AT&T, I have 5 Bars 3G AT ALL TIMES! We have a tower practically a mile from our house, VERY CONVENIENT, I'm definitely staying with AT&T for a while though I do not like some of their plans (ie $20 a month unlimited texts) and just wish that tethering was complementary with unlimited data (if not at least let us use 500 MB a month incase we really need it).

15. Online macrumors member

ATT for me. I don't have much choice here in Alaska. ATT is the only one in the list that is in Alaska.

16. ckd macrumors member

Here's the thing: if AT&T would just guarantee to unlock the phone at or before the end of the contract commitment, I'd buy one...and probably stay with them anyway once that happened, since T-Mobile doesn't have the same 3G frequencies.

However, I'm not going to get tied into a phone that they effectively own even after the subsidy is paid off...so they lose the chance to get my business.

17. Mjmar macrumors 65816

AT&T is the only cell carrier that offers full service at my house. Verizon has 1 bar.

18. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Ever since I've had a cell phone, and that goes back to the days of the "Bag Phones" Verizon has been my carrier. Now that I have an iPhone 3GS I of course have AT&T, and have been with them only a few days. The thing that impresses me is the quality of the call. I don't know if it was the circuitry that Verizon uses or what, but when you used the phone there was dead silence on the line if no one was talking. It sounded like the line was dead, and if I had asked someone a question and they had to think for a few moments I would ask "Are you still there?" thinking I'd been disconnected. With the iPhone I note that there is a small amount of noise like on a landline and it lets me know that I'm still connected. For this reason I'm impressed with the AT&T service so far.

19. KidFresh macrumors regular

In NYC, I'd happily pay an extra $10/mo. if I could use the iPhone on Verizon.

20. Excellerator macrumors 6502a

In my area I would say AT&T, I have been with them for about 10 years now. (through the Cellular One/Cingular/AT&T generations). My second choice would be Verizon around here. Sprint stinks here (but does roam with Verizon), T-Mobile is terrible also.

21. Lara F macrumors 6502a

5 bars earlier this evening in SoHo but zero internet connection again. I seriously doubt I could tolerate AT&T service if I actually lived in Manhattan, I can't wait for Verizon.

22. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

I have a great AT&T signal for my entire communte. The only area that it's dead is a half-mile stretch that is in a small river valley. The only way to fix that dead spot would be to put a tower in the road or in the river.

23. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

In northern cali ATT is the best choice, best coverage t-mobile and Verizon sucks here....

Sprint is the one with the bigger and better 3g for data network here, but for phone use its horrible.

Its a tossup, this is why I have a sprint air card, and an att phone, best of both worlds around here.

Now this in no way says I am happy with att price gouging its customers around here. $20 for unlimited texts? what!?!?! $30 for data !?!?! what?? 40 for only that little of minutes!!! ahhhrgghrr!

Edit: sad to say I have been with att for 11 years now (att wireless, cingular, att, att mobility, att)

24. diabolic macrumors 68000

A quick web search showed me that those are the same prices Verizon charges as well.

25. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I said Verizon because in my lifetime, I got the absolute best phone service from them.

Customer Service blew but their phone service was fantastic

Having moved to AT&T, I have realized just how much I miss not having phone calls dropped 1-2 times a day