Your Favourite Apple Watch Apps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ipaine, May 3, 2015.

1. ipaine macrumors member

Over a week into owning an Apple Watch, and I'm starting to think about that apps that really work on it.

I think Citymapper nailed it. The information on the Apple Watch is just what you'd want to see at a glance. Similarly, I really like One Football for quick updates on my favourite team. Ordering an Uber from my Apple Watch was an awesome experience too.

However, there are some that just don't work for me. For example, I don't want to use Flipboard on my wrist - it's fantastic on my iPhone, but I don't see my wrist as a place for consuming lots of information. It should be for quick interactions, so I favour apps that get to the point straight away.

I was wondering what other apps are worth downloading? In particular, which apps are better on the Apple Watch than on the iPhone or iPad? Great to hear people's thoughts.

2. MJBarnes macrumors newbie

MLB At Bat - Watc gives score, runners on base, pitch locations, etc... Very well done.

CNN - News app that breaks down news by categories in small snippets. Again, well done.

Instagram - Works well for what it does

The Score - Setup your favorite sports teams and provides list of all the scores along with breakdown if needed.

My problem with all the apps is that sometimes they load so slow or don't even load to the point that i could have gotten off the couch, walked upstairs to my phone and just looked on the phone.

Hopefully this gets fixed quickly. My goal to owning an Apple Watch is really to be able to leave my phone on the charger or sitting on the counter and be able to read emails, messages, get notifications, check sports scores, twitter, Instagram, check the weather, read some quick news, etc... Once I can do that without the spinning ball of frustration, I will be a happy man.

Speaking of.. A couple great weather apps are:
    Dark Sky
    Weather Underground

Even the weather Channel is pretty good.

I have 5 weather apps on my watch. A little overkill, but i like the weather...

Enjoy your watches!