Your favourite/best camera app?

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 29, 2012
Singapore
Just want to hear your thoughts on this. I suppose most people prefers camera+?

Anyone else have different preferences or would like to recommend good camera apps?

i0Nic

macrumors 65816
May 17, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Camera+ and Instagram.
These both have cameras as well as post-processing options. They have replaced the default camera app, which I now only use from the lock screen when I need to take a photo very quickly or don't care about the picture quality.

If you want to try further post-processing apps, Luminance and Snapseed are really good.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
I use ProCamera almost exclusively now. The camera function I use most is setting the exposure control separately from the focus control, but there are plenty of other great features. For video, I like the ability to record in lower than 1080 resolution (720 is my perfect compromise between quality and file size).

Regards,
Tom

LifeInLoFi

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Dallas/Fort Worth
I like that you can access Apple's Camera from the lock screen. When I use a camera replacement app, ProCamera is the camera app I'm likely to use. It's fast, powerful, and lets me get a lot of shots if I need them. It's got studio and effects modules, but they're out of site until you need them.

For sheer power and versatility in a camera app, you can't beat 645 PRO. It's got about every camera tool you can pack into an iPhone camera replacement app, including separate focus and exposure locks, histogram, and a cool low light mode that can expose an image for up to 1 second. It's not as fast shot-to-shot as ProCamera, which is why I use ProCamera.

Camera+ is the best all-around camera app. Its camera is good and the in-app filters are better than most other commercial apps. There's a reason it's usually the number 1 paid photo app.

=M=

notkodysmith

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
I'm gonna speak up for...

Hipstamatic. i dont know why but it's been my favorite camra app for a while. most of the time i use the stock camera, but if i want any sort of effect, i go with the hipstamatic app

James4444

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2012
Plus 1 for snapseed. Also find Action Movie fun for goofing around. 360 is good for panoramic shots.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Why would a bot clone my comment? I've never seen this before.
Don't take it personally. ;) He (It) had to have some kind of text before posting his three (broken) links, and these things can't think for themselves.

Regards,
Tom
p.s. If curious, you can click the "quote" button on it's post to see what the links were -- some kind of movie info site.