Your favourite features

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by stuffradio, Aug 23, 2014.

1. stuffradio macrumors 65816

What have been your favourite features for iOS 8? I have an iPhone 4 right now, so I couldn't participate in beta testing. Also, this will be my first time with Siri on my phone when I get iPhone 6. How is Siri on iOS 8?

Just from watching the videos at WWDC, I was most excited about the developer features, and some Widget features.

2. LordQ Suspended

LordQ

3. sik08amg macrumors regular

sik08amg

Spell Check works pretty good.

I like being able to quickly attach and send photos to iMessages as well as swiping down on a new email to view info in the mail app.

4. stuffradio thread starter macrumors 65816

I wonder what the most popular widgets will be on the lock screen.

5. afsnyder macrumors 65816

No such thing as lock screen widgets. The widgets sit in Today view in notification center that can be accessed anywhere, lock screen too. So you can't choose which widgets go where.

6. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

+1.

7. Belmont31R macrumors 6502

Replying to messages without having to leave an app and go to Messages. Also texting from my Mac is awesome.

We'll see a lot more once the new phones come out, and apps get updated to iOS 8.

8. dovahkiin691 macrumors newbie

9. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

My main favorite features are quick reply, the SMS relay part of continuity, the favorites in the multitasking, and iCloud drive.

I never thought I would want a feature like quick reply, but it works great when I need to respond to something on the fly.

SMS relay is one of the best features for the Mac. Now I don't have to have my phone next to me to get phone calls or texts while I am on my Mac.

The favorites in multitasking reminds me of iOS 2 and 3 when you could have the option to double tap the home button and go to the phone favorites. It is great to quickly make a call or a text, without having to leave your app. Though I think it is annoying and quite clutter some to have your recents there too. So I turned them off and kept my favorites.

Finally, iCloud drive looks to take iCloud to what it should have been regarding some aspects of it. It is keeping it's sync everything approach for contacts, mail, calendars, etc., but files are now widely accessible and up to date on all the devices you may use, like OneDrive or Drop Box. I haven't tested this feature yet in the course of having to roll back to iOS 7 and or Mavericks, but I will definitely be using it once the GM drops.

10. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Nothing that compelling so far. I'm sure once I get my iPhone 6, I'll find a few favorite features.