Your Favourite MacBook Design

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ChaePod, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ChaePod macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just wanted to see which MacBook design was your favourite.. hence the title of this thread :D

Let's say (hypothetically) that Apple had ONLY 1 line of Notebook Computers and it was called a MacBook.

This Macbooks specs will be the following.

Screen 15" LED Widscreen (Matte or Glossy)
    Processor 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 2GB, 667MHz DDR2
    Hard drive 160GB 5,400rpm
    Graphics Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT 256mb VRAM

Would you want this MacBook to have a design like the Current Black/White MacBooks: Plastic with Chiclet Keyboards and the Magnetic Lid. Can get Cracks and discolouration.

Or Would you want a design like the current MacBook Pro. Aluminium with the standard keyboard and plain latch. Can get scratches and dents.

OR Would you prefer a hybrid sort of design similar to that of the MacBook Air. Aluminum with chiclet keyboard.

Don't forget to give the reason WHY you prefer that design :D

I'll go first... I would definetely prefer the normal MacBook Design. The shiny white plastic somehow seems to represent apple to me :p

2. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Although I like the magnetic latch and the MB keyboard I prefer the PoweBook/MacBook Pro anodized aluminum design. Why? Because as an old PowerBook user and a current MacBook user I can say that I miss the sturdiness of aluminum, besides its more professional looking. I might also like if Apple somehow incorporated the "chiclet" keyboard in the MBP and still remain different from the one is current MacBooks.

-Victor

3. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Yup; there's no way I'd consider Apple if they only offered one laptop. Hopefully they'll get it back up to five at some point. It was great when you could choose between the 12, 14, 12, 15, and 17 back in '06.

4. apple90 macrumors member

Couldn't have said it better! I would love a Macbook to have a 256MB of VRAM while at the same time, have a 15inch model available (with high resolution support of course ;)

5. ChaePod thread starter macrumors newbie

lol I've only seen a 12" powerbook once at my friend's house. It sure was small! But i guess it would be awesome when it comes to portability in ratio with performance.

but IF apple offered just 1 laptop (hypothetically remember :D) which design would you prefer?

@Victor I must agree that it looks MUCH more professional. The Macbook looks like a toy compared to the MacBook Pro (no offense) but i still think the white MacBooks look... apple :D

6. apple90 macrumors member

You mean they look like plastic cereal box cars compared to a real Hummer?

7. ChaePod thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess you could put it that way LOL :p

8. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

That (and my limit of $1.5k) was why I got a BlackBook instead of a white one, it looked different, more professional. From a distance I have a hard time distinguishing an iBook from a white MacBook and (no pun intended) look so common may I say, so simple; when a PowerBook/MBP and a blackbook are more "outstanding". People tend to asume white products are Apple-ish, I just associate them with beauty :D I mean Vaios and some other PeeCees are 'mildly' beautiful but the aesthetics in Macs are just unprecedented.

-Victor