Your favourite podcast app for Apple Watch?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by The Game 161, Oct 7, 2017.

1. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Looking for some good options. Currently using pocket casts but it’s taking up so much download space

Any other suggestions?

2. Nhott macrumors member

Marco has been explaining the shortcomings in the ATP podcast in the last few weeks. Accidental Tech Podcast: 241: Jazzercise Boot Camphttps://overcast.fm/+CdS4p6Hg
    He explains on his site that until Apple writes more into the API that an actual podcast app will not work reliably. https://marco.org/2017/09/24/what-watch-podcast-apps-need
    His overcast app is by far my favorite of all time and he isn’t the only one trying but in my opinion if Marco can’t make it happen with the current code then no one can.

3. powerslave65 macrumors 6502

powerslave65

4. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

5. CoderSteve, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017

CoderSteve macrumors newbie

Apple's podcast app. If you haven't tried it in a long time it's actually very good now. I used to use Overcast, and I actually prefer Apple's now.

edit: Sorry, I realize now you meant an actually app you install on the watch. I don't think Apple actually has a watch podcast app. The integration works well though.

6. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors P6

The Game 161

The IOS 10 version was great but it’s awful in ios 11

It used to have all the latest podcasts in order now it’s all over the place

7. CoderSteve macrumors newbie

I kinda liked the iOS 10 version too.

8. actcyclist macrumors 6502

actcyclist

I suggest you clear the stored podcasts if it's using too much memory. Its in the settings under "Storage & Data Use".

Pocketcasts, Overcast are similar so it comes down to which you prefer the look and design of. Overcast also costs a lot more if you want to remove adverts though.

The watch apps from each don't allow storage on the watch. they will allow you to switch between podcast episodes playing on your iPhone. That's about it.

9. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

10. squirrrl macrumors 6502a

squirrrl

I use downcast on my phone and love it. I believe they also have a watch app