Your favourite wine.

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by waloshin, Dec 28, 2010.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Also list the price and why it's your favourite.

2. temiller macrumors member

I'm a fan of VOGA Pinot Grigio. Its roughly $7.

I like it because I'm a senior in college with the palette of a 3 year old. Two bottles will get me drunk, and it tastes like juice. Although I mostly stick to beer. Wine hangovers are not worth it.

I also like Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio, or any Pinot Grigio for that matter.

Attached Files:

3. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I'm a fan of the high quality fortified wines like MD 20/20 and Nighttrain. Yum!

4. Nugget macrumors 65816

Nugget

I should have expected to see this sort of blatant elitism and conspicuous consumerism on an Apple forum. It makes me sick!

Boone's Farm is just as good as your expensive, boutique wines and is much more affordable.

5. temiller macrumors member

Although Boones Farm doesn't taste like higher quality wines, it is by far a very tasty drink and I do happen to find a bottle inside a brown paper bag at my desk after long nights of studying or late lunches.

6. TwoSocEmBoppers, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010

Hmm probably would have to go with a SilverOak or Stag's Leap cab. Great wines. Also a big fan of Petite Syrahs and zins.

Says the guy with a signature professing his love for (several) macs, Porsches and BMWs. The thread is post your favorite wine. So steve2112 likes nice wine. There's worse things in life.

7. sporadicMotion macrumors 65816

sporadicMotion

Syrah is French for shiraz. It is on the cheap so great for a more "frequently consumed" wine and don't be fooled by the price, it is quite good. :D

[​IMG]

$12 (US)

8. mmpierce macrumors newbie

I do like Red Bicyclette, though the most recent vintage wasn't nearly as good as the last one- the vineyards flooded and they lost several year's worth of crop, so it's been hard to find here. The also changed the label, and it's not nearly as kitschy and cute as the old one.

My favorite daily drinking red is Las Rocas Garnacha. The price (~$15) makes it a great every day wine and it's very consistent from year to year.

9. avro707 macrumors 6502a

Kaesler Stonehorse Shiraz 2005 (Barossa Valley).

A very nice one actually, not the cheapest (about AUD$36) - but amazing taste with such an amazing aroma and very smooth. Worth it. Warning though - the alcohol content is fairly high!

10. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

A good bottle of Gallo or Mondavi Cabernet. Who cares how much it costs, but I generally don't spend less that 15 or so for a bottle.

11. andymodem macrumors 6502a

I like sweet wines, and a local winery (Boordy Vineyards), has a terrific sweet wine called Jazzberry that is my favorite.

Jazz-Berry.gif

JazzBerry
    The juices of raspberry and strawberry make beautiful music together in this luscious, sweet wine. JazzBerry will add perfect harmony to your picnic, dessert, or casual party.

12. 87vert macrumors 6502

87vert

pretty much the only kind I can drink is ice wine, I had some at the melting pot before and it was great.

Only bought one bottle since then cause its so expensive.

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Chateau Graville Lacoste Graves white Bordeaux. Heaven in a bottle. A blend of Semillon and Sauvignon Blanc.

Attached Files:

15. dXTC, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Syrahs are perhaps my favorite red. Guenoc Petite Sirah [sic] ($10-12) is one of my top picks.
    [​IMG]

When my wife and I are in the mood for some bubbly, we spring for Banfi Rosa Regale ($17-22). Sweeter than Martini & Rossi's Asti, and definitely sweeter than Korbel Brut, this easy-to-drink dessert sparkler's bright red hue makes for a great holiday-party beverage.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I should add a recommendation for those who occasionally travel to the Pigeon Forge/Smoky Mountains area in eastern Tennessee. It's a place called Hillside Winery, on Collier Drive in Sevierville, just north of the Pigeon Forge city limits. It features all locally-made varieties. My wife, who usually doesn't drink much wine, loves their Black & Blue (berry wine) and their Vino Rosso (a sweet red). Their Don Rosso (a slightly drier version of the Vino Rosso) is nice too, for those who don't like particularly sweet wines.

16. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

Can't stand the stuff. I'm a Brandy drinker love Courvoisier.

17. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

And that's OK. I may like wine, but I prefer Campari. :D
    [​IMG]

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

19. Arran, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Favourite wine? Whatever's in my glass.

Reason: Because it's in my glass.
    Price: Who cares once it's there.

Cheers!

20. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

21. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Also, anything from Jean Meyer of Josmeyer Vineyards in the Alsace region of France. This man can do no wrong. As far as I'm concerned, there are no better wines on the planet. I had the pleasure of meeting him at a wine tasting several years ago.

http://www.josmeyer.com/vins.php?selection=2&langue=en

Attached Files:

22. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

Geez, all this wine talk is making me want a glass or two. Too bad I'm still on after-hours on-call for work tonight.

23. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

I know the feeling. It's only 10:30 am here too! Then again I AM on leave :cool:

24. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Which is just distilled wine. And there's nothing wrong with that, I must say.