Your feelings on iWork 08

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CalBoy, Aug 13, 2007.

?

Your future office software...

Poll closed Oct 12, 2007.
  1. I want iWork 08, and I currently use MS Office

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. I want iWork 08, and I currently DON'T use MS Office

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. I want iWork 08, and I plan on using NeoOffice(or other free software) along side it

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. I don't want iWork 08; I'll just wait for Office

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't want iWork 08; NeoOffice is good enough for me

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

So I thought it would be interesting to see where your hearts lie when it comes to Apple's latest update to its productivity suit

2. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

I mainly just do word processing, and for that I've always used Word from Office 2004. I never liked the speed or the interface though. Now that Pages is more word processor oriented, I think I'm going to be using that from now on (at least until Office 2008 comes out).

3. CalBoy thread starter macrumors 604

CalBoy

So you're going to go for Office 08? I think I may end up liking iWork 08 so much, that I will simply use it and NeoOffice and leave MS Office behind. I figure that even if I don't like iWork 08 once Office 08 comes out, iWork will only have cost me $40, while Office will be a full $200 investment:eek: What's old Bill trying to do to us college students? Does he think we're made of money?

4. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

I'm not saying that I'm going with Office 2008. I'm going to be using iWork '08 for now, but when Office 2008 comes out, I'll check it out. I won't be reluctant to switch if it is better than iWork '08. Keep in mind I'm pretty much just talking about the word processing aspects of the suites.

5. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

I'm currently using iWork with NeoOffice as well, just to handle those documents that iWork can't.

It's working out alright at the moment. iWork loads up a whole lot faster than NeoOffice which is what I'm really after.

6. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I'm not a heavy user of Microsoft Office, my usage is generally limited to writing university coursework along with basic spreadsheets and graphs.

About a year ago I started using Pages instead of Word for my university coursework as the documents it produced looked far nicer than those produced through Word, but obviously I was still tied to Excel for spreadsheets/graphs. However, since iWork '08, I'm hoping to be able to leave Office behind. I've had a play around with Numbers and my initial impression is good. For all I use it for, I've got a £35 replacement for a £100 Microsoft package (Student prices).

Something I would like to have seen in iWork '08 is read/write support for OpenDocument Formats.

7. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Very flawed poll.

The choice I need is...

• I used MS Office 2004 but deleted it from my system once I found that iWork '08 was compatible enough with the outside MS-World and that they had finally made Pages great. I now use iWork exclusively and have finally kissed Rosetta goodbye.

8. iBunny macrumors 65816

I presently use iWork 08. However I really want to use MS Office 08. Hopefully its put together really nice, and worth the $.