Your iPhone 3GS experience:

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trajen, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Aright, I have to go to sleep here but I'll help a fellow 2G->3GS upgrader out. I'll comment on the things you specifically asked about. Please ask for more and I'll write more when I have time.

Video quality is awesome. Friggin awesome considering its a phone. I know there MIGHT be other phones out there that record video in as good of quality as this, but I haven't personally seen them. The videos look good on the screen itself, but really blossom when transferred to the computer in my opinion. The only caveat is the video quality will SUCK when you have to send it (MMS) to a friend. This is the nature of the MMS system though. It had to kick down the bitrate of the video to send it over the air.

Voice Control is awesome as well. I am a black man, born in another country, but grew up here, so no accent. It accurately figures out what I want it to do/play 98% of the time. The only time it doesn't is when I say play artist or whatever and the artist has a weird name. The fact that this is actually voice recognition as opposed to voice matching (like on my LG VX6000) is cool. I've noticed that the 3GS takes maybe 2-3 seconds longer when there is ambient noise (like a jackhammer in the background earlier today) to process what you have said and decipher it. Thus, I truly think this is a feature that Apple could not have put on the 2G/3G.

Battery life to me is just as good as it was on the 2G. On average, it takes me about 1 hour 30 minutes of usage to get to 85%. This is usually in the mornings of course and most of that usage is playing music. But overall, just like the 2G, battery depletion rate depends on how you use it.

Just FYI, I have the 32gb black version.

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Great phone. But all the info you need is contained in the last 4 months of posts.

3. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Why'd you delete your post? You had valid questions....