"Your iphone does not qualify for the iphone 4 case program"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brdwygurl, Jul 24, 2010.

1. brdwygurl macrumors regular

"Your iphone does not qualify for the iphone 4 case program" Anyone else get this message?

I have an iphone 4 that was ordered from att on release day. I don't own any other bumper or case......so I haven't received a refund already. :(

I'll be calling customer service when they open.

2. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

You just gave the best advice to give, yourself.

Word of further advice. Express to Apple Care how deeply this incident disappointed and upset you. They'll be throwing cases at you at this point.

3. brdwygurl thread starter macrumors regular

Well that was disappointing.

Just talked to apple care. First person put me on hold to check with supervisor and came back and said I had to apply for new case within 30 days - i.e. july 23rd (yesterday). I said I purchased JUNE 23rd not July 23rd so I should have until August to apply. He said...yea you are right and put me on hold to check with a different supv.

Second senior person said he has no idea why it happened but it has to go through customer service and they are not open at all on the weekends. So they will call me back on Monday afternoon.

He asked which one I wanted - I told him I don't know because I can't even get into the app to see my choices. He told me to go to the apple website store...but then realized they are completely different cases. So he wasn't sure what to do, and "promised it would be resolved on Monday".

I did express that this was my first iphone (I had an ipod touch before) and I have been so frustrated between the dropped calls (I am left handed so it's worse) and the proximity sensor issues. He said theu would get me a case.

So I'll wait and see on Monday. I hope this doesn't make my delivery time even longer since I am sure a lot of people will be ordering this weekend.

4. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Yeah, you could be in for a wait unless they insert you into the middle of the queue somewhere.

My wife ordered a PixelSkin yesterday at 6pm or so, and I just got the order confirmation that shows an expected delivery date of September 20th. 2 months is a long wait.

5. ob81 macrumors 65816

ob81

Yeah I go this same message. I talked to apple tech support and customer service. They could not explain it or help me. I was on the phone for about 45 mins and nothing.

I bought my phone at the apple store. Never bought a case.

6. millerb7 macrumors 6502a

Yeah it clearly says on apples site that if you bought the phone at launch, you have until August 22nd to get a bumper, everybody else has 30 days after purchase all the way up until the last phone purchased on september 30th... after that they "reevaluate".

Probably just a glitch in the app thinking it's just a straight 30 days for the people who go their phones on launch.

7. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

I would not give it that too much thought I'm sure this will all work out. gist be patient, theyre not going to want to piss you off over something that costs them. buck!

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Geez... I would just go out and buy a case. And then call apple for a refund.

9. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Try deleting the app and reloading it?

I received my phone on 23 June, but my bumper order went through. Although, mine was an upgrade, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of glitches.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4.

10. brdwygurl thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks tried it...and still no go

They only do refunds for apple bumpers, and no one has those right now. When I was on the phone, I asked if I could just buy one from the apple store online and get reimbursed and was told no.

11. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I ordered my case and it says that it won't arrive until the 26th of October. :eek: :mad:

12. MozMan68 macrumors 68010

MozMan68

I just checked on my refunds (got both a couple of days ago) and it clearly has a different link for those that bought from the AT&T store...click on that instead of calling apple.

13. 8CoreWhore macrumors 68020

8CoreWhore