Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DaBlackMamba

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Around 12:10 on the iPhone Apple Store App, I decided to see if I could get a in store reservation for the iPhone 7 Plus Black.. It said pickup unavailable but it still let me proceed to the next step. However, the carrier verification didn't seem to go through (the part with the phone number, billing zip code, and pin), but then it says that my iPhone has been reserved. I also got this email.

"
Dear Apple Customer,
Your iPhone has been reserved and your reservation number is: XXXXXXXXXXX

We will email when we’re able to reach the carrier systems. The email will include instructions to complete your order as well as the return link. You will have 24 hours from the time the email is sent to return to the Apple Online store to proceed with your order. If you do not complete your purchase within 24 hours, your reservation will be canceled.

You may check the status of your reservation at any time by visiting buyiphone.apple.com/status.

Thank you,
The Apple Online Store"

Does this mean I got reserved an iPhone for instore pickup somehow? I don't see how it would be possible, but I am going to try to hold them to this email.

I tried to search online and it seems no one else has been getting this message. However I got this message last year with the 6s plus as well during the pre-order process. So I'm guessing this is just reserving me a pre-order?

bertie343

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2011
No, all this means is your virtual spot is being held in line until they can access the carrier systems to let you process your reservation. Going to the Apple Store with this email will do literally nothing for you except give you lots of frustration and them shaking their heads unable to help in any way.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
Many people got those at the preorder launch. You'll get another email soon with a link that will allow you to complete the order without losing your place in the order queue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.