Your iPhone is not available

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by AlaricRiver, Jun 18, 2014.

1. AlaricRiver macrumors newbie

Anybody resolve this connection between Yosemite and iOS 8, while trying to make a call from the Mac?

2. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

No, but I get this error too. Not been able to get it to work at all. MBA 13' 2011 + iPhone 5, both on latest betas.

Handoff doesn't work either. Or Airdrop. Only thing related that's working is SMS syncing, which is just an internet/iCloud service.

Anyone had any luck with my hardware?

3. easi macrumors newbie

Same issues here. But brand new 15" MBP and iPhone 5s. Seems strange that the latest devices would not work.

4. bradley8795 macrumors member

I can't get any of it working either, but I believe we need it to be connected via bluetooth, which I can not get it to connect. If you turn on the hotspot then connect via bluetooth, it seems to connect but nothing works.

5. easi macrumors newbie

From what I understand, if the devices are new enough, have Bluetooth on and are logged into same iCloud account, they should Automagically connect. If I restart both my computer and iPhone, I see it start to work, then seems to stop working as soon as I try to do anything like make a call.

6. BobRon, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014

BobRon macrumors member

Strange... From what I read, these features require Bluetooth Low Energy, with both of your devices seem to have... Have you been able to get handoff to work? The Dev Preview 2 is claimed to have fixed that...

I have an older iMac i3 mid-2010 and an iPhone 5s, and I have only been able to get SMS working.

7. jonbauer macrumors member

Has anyone figured this out?

When I first got iOS 8, I was able to use Handoff and WiFi Phone calling. Now, no luck at all.

I have a 2013 iMac and an iPhone 5. They are NOT paired. I've tried to get them paired, but it fails every time. However, I don't think they NEED to be paired as someone said previously...

- Jon