Your iPhone took THAT PICTURE??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vegas-steven, Aug 26, 2008.

1. vegas-steven macrumors regular

2. kevinwiz macrumors regular

meh
    other phones have better cameras
    iphone's is good though.

3. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

sure... there ARE 5mp sony cybershot cameras... of course i am more or less comparing this camera to my wives blackberry curve, not some camera that is designed to be a replacement for a point and shoot lol.

4. UFO212 macrumors member

UFO212

even tho iPhone hab small mega pixel.. has pretty good quality.. but high noise..imo

5. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

the image noise is a shame, but i find that you can combat that if you know what you are doing in photoshop... even some automated programs can help alot.

still the major shortcoming of the camera.

6. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

7. Clyde099 macrumors regular

8. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

You live in America, right? I am so surprised how little 2MP cameras in phones there are. Here 3.2 and 5 are becoming much more popular.

Even so the iPhone takes good pictures for 2Mp

9. deenybird macrumors regular

lol @ outsiders reference. Ponyboy?
    anyway your right man, those pictures did turn out great!

10. macwall macrumors 6502

11. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

WTH?

12. Dizle macrumors 6502

13. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

It's a movie. And yes those are goodpics.

14. threezero macrumors 6502

+1 iphone's camera is one of its weakest link. the rest of the world is coming out with 8mp cellphone cam now....

and a good cellphone camera can replace a point and click digicam. I took my N95 8gb with me during the holidays and it took EXCELLENT picture AND close to dvd quality video in all kind of lighting condition.

15. pj rage macrumors 6502

Those pics definitely are nice quality. I've taken some nice ones as well. In daylight, I think the pics actually turn out pretty nice.

I guess it would be great if it had a better camera, but for what I use it for, it's more than good enough.

16. iNfowarrior macrumors member

It was a thing called a book first. The movie is a joke.

17. chimpboy74 macrumors 6502a

chimpboy74

18. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I was waiting on that response. I second that. And the pictures are pretty good.

19. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

20. biker74 macrumors member

biker74

Hmmmm....

Ye, must admit, if the lighting is good, the camera's fine for what it is.

Even, in dimmer light, it does ok.

21. vrflyer macrumors 6502

vrflyer

More important, I noticed someone has teh crabs! :D

Seriously those pics posted are pretty good quality, IMO. :apple:

22. gibbz macrumors 68030

I don't understand the obsession with MP. I guess people like bigger numbers. You are still limited by substandard optics.

Can read more here.

23. vegas-steven thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the compliment on my wife

As for mp and all that, I can remember a major photography magazine years ago gave a Sony Ericson cellphone to a national geographic reporter and paid for him to travel around northern Europe. And take photos just with that (at the time) "grounbreaking" 1.3mp cellphone camera.

I myself have told people over and over that the camera is NOT as important as the person working it. I could give my grandmother a $5000 nikon and she would still produce lopsided pictures with peoples heads half cut off.

I don't have any clue why apple did not use a better ccd on the iPhone camera. Sony manufactures many image sensors even in canon point and shoot cameras, and there are 2mp sensors that have great noise levels and are 10 years old!

Maybe it is a software issue.

I wouldn't put it past apple to have had this mentality towards the end of iPhone's r&d cycle:

"wait, don't cellphones all have cameras now? Just throw in whatever the biggest is out there"
    And FOUR YEARS AGO when iPhone wasn't a real product, 2mp seemed like alot.

And dont get me started at the lack of video recording. No reason whatsoever that doesn't exist yet. And I mean NONE.

24. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Damn ... is my iPhone camera busted?

I see photos online from other iPhones, and mine look NOTHING (and I mean *nothing*) like that. On a bright sunny day, photographing something about 5 feet away, it looks like a ****** web cam shot - nothing like a real cam.

25. pj rage macrumors 6502

I wouldn't put it past apple to deliberately hold things back so they can maintain their yearly releases. Otherwise, what would they put in a new iphone next year that would get people interested in an upgrade? They seem to like to purposely give us "just enough" to make us happy enough to want the iphone and no other, but leave enough (seemingly obvious stuff) out that they can offer us an upgrade in both software and hardware every year. For example, next year we'll probably see a forward facing (2mp lol) camera, a rear facing 5mp camera, and a 32gb version (maybe more). And a new software update that may or may not even work on our current phones that will incorporate video recording and copy/paste.

This type of attitude kind of sucks for the consumer, but it puts money in apple's pockets.