Your iPod touch: Naked (As Is) or Protected (Case)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by bembol, Sep 26, 2009.

?

is your iPod touch...

1. Naked

27 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. Protected

46 vote(s)
    63.0%
  1. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Unless you find a great deal like $<$10, I think Cases for iPod's are ridiculous!

I hate Chrome and wish Apple would ditch it.

I don't know what happened but the last time I bought one (30GB Video), not only it didn't protect it but scratches on the back was more severe. I think dust/dirt got trapped and cost more damaged?

Anyways, I learned to live with it and haven't bought one since. Instead, I will use it towards this..

Griffin Technology's WindowSeat for my 32GB 3G touch

[​IMG]

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

So how do you protect the screen? Also do you keep your itouch in the car all the time? I have never had any problems with cases that I have gotten. But then again I look at the cases closely and I also check out any reviews to read some of the comments before buying a case.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

if hes like me, nothing

5. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

idk about the touch, but i know when i add even the smallest case to it it makes the phone seem so much bigger/thicker in your hand.

6. mpb2000 macrumors regular

I go with film on the screen and a pouch for when it's in my pocket. That's all the protection I need.

7. CSilver macrumors 6502

I have the invisible shield on from zagg.com.
    So far so good. Loving the bareness yet it's protected from scratches.
    Although I have to say I feel like I should get a proper case like Switcheasy's case series.

8. iSpaghettiCat macrumors regular

I've had my 1st gen in a clear Griffin case the minute I took it out of the box last year.

I wanted to take my case off last week, but I never did. Still debating whether to keep it on or not.

9. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I loved my Switcheasy case, but it was kinda bulky comparatively. Felt solid in my hand though. Go for the Neotouch, it's a lot thinner.

10. tenand2indy macrumors member

I have a 3 pack of silicone cases from Griffin that I picked up at Walmart for $8 when I first got my Touch. I am using those while I decide if I am going with the Switcheasy Rebeltouch or the Speck Candy Shell.

11. DrawnToLife macrumors regular

Same here.
    I also have a three pack of Belkin ClearScreen screen protectors that I'm using.
    I like my gadgets protected.

12. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

I have been using my 2G Touch naked, but I am thinking about getting a case when I upgrade to the 3G Touch.

The Touch is so thin that I think it would actually be better to make it a little thicker with a case while also protecting the back from scratches.

However, I would not use a case for iPhone--it's thick enough naked and it feels better naked.

13. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i like it naked!, cause it feels sleak!, but when protected, feels like the screen is limited, especially when u type. ur thumb might get in the way.:p;)

14. upinflames900 macrumors 6502a

upinflames900

Protected just so that you dont scratch up the back.

15. arcadeforest macrumors member

Most of the time I keep it in a Griffen clear case. I've gotten use to the added thickness when using it. No screen protector on it. The way I use it I really don't see the need for a screen protector, you really have to do alot to scratch the glass.

16. darknyt macrumors 6502a

InvisibleShield on my old 80gb ipod. Best thing ever, those things are freaking indestructible.

For my new iPod Touch, going with Rebel Touch and Bodyguardz for just the face.

I agree though, those crap cases often got grit stuck in there that made it look worse.

17. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

currently naked but case on the way. should be here in a couple of days.

18. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I find the Touch way to slippery with the chrome that it's easy to have it slip out of your hand. So I usually use some kind of case on it that improves the grip. Now the Screen I have had Screen protectors and find they just impede the image. My 16gb 1st gens screen has no scratches on it. I use a damp cloth to lightly wipe the screen then a microfiber cloth to dry and polish it and it looks new...

19. masterapple04 macrumors regular

I had a case on mine for the first year, but now it's naked. I got tired of the extra bulk preventing me form using my dock and it feels so much sexier when it's in its natural slim state.

20. mzd macrumors 6502a

i just used body guardz for a while. now i've got a switcheasy neotouch. (brought my iPod on a week long bike trip, wanted more protection.) switcheasy cases are great.

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

While not an iPod touch, I use the Griffin wave case for my iPhone. No screen protector, though.

22. CSilver macrumors 6502

where can I buy TouchRebel from Canada? SwitchEasy doesn't ship to Canada I don't think :eek:

23. tenand2indy macrumors member

THere's a couple ebay sellers who have them Try there.

24. captincroc macrumors newbie

captincroc

I don't understand why you would pay for an iPod's design for it then to be covered by a semi-ugly case making it quite bulky.

25. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

Because Ipods are notorious for scratching if a feather blows on them, in the case of the touch thats mainly the chrome back, which looks like Ass if kept uncovered. So the key is finding a case that protects while not making the thing look terrible.