Your Laptop and Going On Holiday!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hustle, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Hustle macrumors 6502a

Hey. I'm new here, so i'd just like to say Hi. I do notice a few of you from Mac-Forums.com and YouTube.com.

I was just wondering, when you go away on holiday/vacation, do you take you Mac Laptop/Or one of those black and white Windows Laptops, with you?.

*I can't find the Add Poll to Thread option*

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

Welcome!

I take my laptop wherever I go usually. I even hauled my iBook around Europe for a month. The only time I will think about not taking it with me is when/if I get an iPhone.

3. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

Hi Hustle, and welcome!

to answer your question, yes, I take my iBook with me, even when it was new I took it everywhere.

I am very careful with it, of course. I saw it's there to use, why have a great laptop and leave it at home?

If you're worried about it being stolen, I guess you could turn filevault on.

4. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually turnt filevault off. I turnt it on for that reason, however, when i deleted things out of my home folder, the space wasn't being given back. It was still being used.

Anyway, all of my personal data and stuff that cannot be replaced, is uploaded to iDisk every week. :)

Thanks for the reply's guys.

5. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

I never turned it on, like I said, I'm quite protective of my laptop (and all my electronics for that matter!). I was always afraid of file corruption - not that I've heard any horror stories, but from what I've read, there is no recovery:)

6. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats what i heard. FileVault encrypts files into one big file on its own, and therefore, if one file gets corrupt, you lose it all.

Anyway, i think i should go back on topic. :)

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

I go on Mac-Forums everyday. I was banned a few months ago. (Don't tell schweb I re-registered. :D (Not putting my username in case he browses here))

I take both usually. A windows laptop with lieterally a balck and white screen for my novels i write, plus my iBook.

8. Hustle thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was also banned by Schweb yesterday. That guy seriously should not be an Admin/Moderator there. I'll go and re-register later though.

Thanks for the replys everyone. :)