Your latest Craigslist Sale

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shaunymac, Jul 30, 2009.

1. shaunymac macrumors 6502

Tell us about your latest craigslist sale. Did you finally get the nerve to sell something you have been holding onto for years? Did you get good money for something? Tell us about it.

2. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

I just unloaded 3 old 35mm cameras. I sold them for a quick $60. I just needed to get them out of my closest. They felt like a weight on me. Boy does it feel great knowing I don't have to lug those around anymore. :D

3. Xavier macrumors 68020

I sell on craigslist quite often.

My latest sale was my older Specialized mountain bike. I sold it for $150. Probably could have gotten a little more, but I needed fast cash, and it gone quick.

I have listed a revamped Schwinn road bike, and the Mac version of Halo.

4. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

5. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, iShater, you are missing out on some cash and free space. It is amazing. I don't know what I have been doing for the past 3 years w/o it.

6. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I do need free space, storage is getting full. :p

I have used ebay for selling stuff before, and I think we are looking at CL for some stuff.

*starts making list of old stuff to get rid of*

7. Dandaman macrumors 6502

The only thing I've sold on craigslist was a 100 gallon aquarium. When we bought our condo, it was left over in one of our garages. Was upset at first, then realized I can make some quick cash. Sold it for $120. It was kind of beat up. I originally put it up for $60 and got about 20 emails in the first hour. The offers kept going up and up. Don't know the first thing about those things, so I have no idea if it was a good deal or not.

Now, I'm trying to sell my old car...

8. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I just sold an iPod Touch I got when I purchased my daughter a new MBP. I had the money in hand within 2 hours of listing it on Craigslist.

10. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

The only things I have sold on Craigslist are iPods. I would buy ipods from other people who want to get the newest models right away and are willing to sell for less. I clean the ipod up, restore the OS and then sell it at an inflated price to those who don't know about the upcoming models.

Using this method I bought a new iPod Nano (fatty) for 250, sold it for 250, bought an ipod touch for 150, and sold it for 300, and then bought another iPod touch (16gb) for 225.00. So I started out with a 16GB iPod Nano that I paid 250.00 for, and ended up with a 16GB iPod Touch that I paid 225.00 for and had 175.00 in cash after all was said and done. Not too bad!

11. Kamera RAWr macrumors 65816

Kamera RAWr

Hoping tomorrow to sell my Nikon SB-800 Speedlight and MB-D10 battery grip to some potential buyers through craigslist. :)

12. timerollson macrumors 65816

I only do sales on Craig's List. I always meet in a local/public place during the day and I only accept cash transactions. I never sell broken stuff and I always e-mail detailed pictures with my name attached to make it as trustworthy as possible.

I've sold
    Harmon Kardon Soundsticks
    iPod Touch (1st generation)
    Canon SD630 camera
    Ti-83 calculator.

I don't mess with eBay because I don't care to mail things. I can easily spot scams. If it's in broken english and urging me to send it to Nigeria offering to pay triple the price, no bueno.

13. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

I prefer selling directly on forums and doing meetups instead of Craigslist. I feel like Craigslist is much riskier, and you attract a lot more lowballers.

14. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

I've only had one sketchy encounter when buying something from CL, not selling anything. And the sketchy encounter went through just alright.

15. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

How do you guys sell your items on Craigslist? Do you just meet up with the person at place like Starbucks and swap the item for money?

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I've had very successful transactions in the erotic section. :D

17. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

That's what I usually do. Beforehand I also say something along the lines of I'll call you the night before to confirm.

Some people like to take their sweet time inspecting the item for sale which at times can get frustrating when you're trying to be somewhere on time but you can't blame someone for wanting to get a good item.

I've only had one experience where I was standing in front of a B & N and was right next to the person I was going to sell to and neither I, him or his wife realized that we were standing next to each other for a good ten minutes.

18. shaunymac thread starter macrumors 6502

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Im very popular with Africans for some odd reason with my ads

20. Surely Guest

Surely

My most recent sale was my PSP 2000, some PSP games, and a case. That sale was months ago, after I realized that it was sitting in a drawer because I hadn't used it in months. Blame it on the iPhone.....

I'm currently trying to sell a couple of 4 GB Memory Stick Pro Duos and a new set of V-Moda Vibe Duos.

21. 7on macrumors 601

7on

I'm currently selling a slew of Verizon phones after my parents and my siblings switched to Verizon. I live in a larger city so I have a larger pool from which to draw upon.

Meeting someone in a few to sell an LG Voyager to. $45 and it has a bum battery.