Your Leopard Opinion Contribution

Discussion in 'macOS' started by GimmeSlack12, Oct 26, 2007.

?

What opinions have you posted on Leopard?

1. All Praise for Leopard

12 vote(s)
    38.7%
  2. All Whining for Leopard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. More Whining than Praise

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. More Praise than Whining

8 vote(s)
    25.8%
  5. Equal Whining and Praise

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  6. Don't have 10.5

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

So lets try a little experiment, this might need some refinement but I think I am on the right track. This will only work if you poll truthfully, though I do think most people are generally truthful for it.

Leopard is now releasing and as people start sinking their teeth into it they will generally post on MR forums with some griping (aka whining, bitching, moaning, etc.) or they will post with praise (aka infatuation, obsession, love, likeability, etc.).

Now, today, those of you who have used Leopard and have posted an opinion regarding your experience with 10.5 have done one or the other of these two comments should poll to see how often the moaning outweighs the praise, or vice-versa.

Naturally there will be some praise and some moaning, but typically there is one more than the other. I'm trying to consider all possibilities, yet keep it simple.

2. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

The only thing I am majoring disappointed in is the nerfs on Timemachine, I need encryption AND network support. Both of which was there and worked fine in the developer seeds.

4. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

Praise and whining aren't exactly equally situated. Perhaps constructive criticism would have been better than whining.

I'm appreciating a lot of Leopard but I'm not seeing that it was worth $116. Frankly a lot of what is in it should have been in Tiger. Just my 2 pennies. :)

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Not really winning me over yet. I might move back to Tiger until 10.5.1

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

All praise

It works wonderfully on my iMac, my Powerbook is still *NOPE! has JUST got working now! Awesome. Leopard all round now! Coverflow is very useful for me.
    Very very surprised at how well this runs on such an old computer. Take that Vista! Even Coverflow is smooth as butter!