"Your Location Will Be Usd to Make Emergency Calls"

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KPOM, Mar 15, 2016.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

Does anyone know how to make this message stop showing up? It appears about every 10-20 seconds on my iPad Pro and it is getting annoying. If I turn location services off, it gets replaced with a message every 10-20 seconds asking me if I want to turn it on. I've removed the SIM, reinstalled iOS (both 9.2 and the beta 9.3) and nothing works.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've never seen a message like that on any of my iDevices. Could you have an app that is causing that?

3. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

It's an Apple system message from FaceTime. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I have AT&T NumberSync set up on it, but I haven't noticed it on my iPhone or iPad Mini.

4. KPOM thread starter macrumors G5

I was able to suppress the messages by turning off the feature in FaceTime to accept calls from my iPhone. While I like the feature, I don't use it enough to justify getting incessant messages.

5. bradbomb macrumors regular

Well the message has only shown up once for me and once I hit accept, it hasn't shown up again.

6. kcdk99 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue. Just started today. Then I received an email from AT&T announcing that numbersync is available, so I'm assuming it has something to do with that. For me as well, the only way I could get it to stop was to turn off "Calls from iPhone" in FaceTime settings. In that menu I also can't access the "Update Emergency Calls" link... I receive the error:
    Oops!
    We've hit a bump, but we should have it straightened out soon. Please try again in a few minutes.

I'm also wondering if it has something to do with network security settings on my employer's network. When I switch over to my iPhone hotspot, I don't seem to be getting the error message, and I can now access the link to "Update Emergency Calls."