"Your Location Will Be Usd to Make Emergency Calls"

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Does anyone know how to make this message stop showing up? It appears about every 10-20 seconds on my iPad Pro and it is getting annoying. If I turn location services off, it gets replaced with a message every 10-20 seconds asking me if I want to turn it on. I've removed the SIM, reinstalled iOS (both 9.2 and the beta 9.3) and nothing works.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I've never seen a message like that on any of my iDevices. Could you have an app that is causing that?

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
I've never seen a message like that on any of my iDevices. Could you have an app that is causing that?
It's an Apple system message from FaceTime. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I have AT&T NumberSync set up on it, but I haven't noticed it on my iPhone or iPad Mini.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
I was able to suppress the messages by turning off the feature in FaceTime to accept calls from my iPhone. While I like the feature, I don't use it enough to justify getting incessant messages.

kcdk99

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
It's an Apple system message from FaceTime. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I have AT&T NumberSync set up on it, but I haven't noticed it on my iPhone or iPad Mini.
I'm having the same issue. Just started today. Then I received an email from AT&T announcing that numbersync is available, so I'm assuming it has something to do with that. For me as well, the only way I could get it to stop was to turn off "Calls from iPhone" in FaceTime settings. In that menu I also can't access the "Update Emergency Calls" link... I receive the error:
Oops!
We've hit a bump, but we should have it straightened out soon. Please try again in a few minutes.

I'm also wondering if it has something to do with network security settings on my employer's network. When I switch over to my iPhone hotspot, I don't seem to be getting the error message, and I can now access the link to "Update Emergency Calls."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.