Your Mac / PC Setup - What do you do with it?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by soulreaver99, Jul 8, 2011.

1. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

There's like 14+ threads of people posting pictures of their Mac setup but there isn't much explanation of what you do with all that gear! Im' interested to know why some of you have 4 laptops, 2 ipads, etc.... and especially those who have 4 LCD screens with ridiculously powerful hardware and what you do with it besides play WoW and Counterstrike!

2. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Nothing, usual stuff. I have MBP, and getting a iPad 2. Just for general use :)

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

A multi-screen setup is very useful for certain things. Working, for example, or playing games whilst reading your Twitter stream :D

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Spend my timing moderating MR :D

Actually I don't have a 4 screen setup - just a MBP and an external monitor

With that, I use it for work (connecting to windows servers via RDP), Lightroom, surfing, email. Some light PS work, some light web dev work and listening to music :)

5. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

two monitors are great for virtually everything, but I find it most useful for writing essays

6. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I have a MacBook Pro and an iPad too :)

I use my iPad for general web browsing and listening to music, and my MacBook Pro for web browsing, music and gaming.

I take loads of photographs (bit of a shutter bug), so my MacBook's great for organising and enhancing them, and my iPad is great for viewing them and showing them to people!

7. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

All I have is a laptop on a desk with a printer. Very basic, but basic is good I guess. It also helps that the laptop, printer, desk and mouse are quite nice to use..

For work, graphics and development with some writing. For play, MR :)D) and assorted games and/or other stuff.

Oh, you n00b. I bet the old mods have you cleaning the mod coffeepot or mod bathrooms... :p

8. eljanitor macrumors 6502

eljanitor

I put food on my table with it. Drop by anytime for service.