"Your Machine MAC Address is Invalid"?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by cynzdareveur, Oct 1, 2013.

1. cynzdareveur macrumors newbie

Hi,

I need to use a software that is based on Adobe Air but got trouble with my MAC address. So, every time I try to login to the software, it's always failed and "your machine MAC address is invalid". :confused:

There's a question that kept popping up after the installation and it hasn't appeared anymore after I click "Always Allow". Any idea what should I do to get this fixed? Because all other MAC users can use this software well. :(

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Your MAC address doesn't mean mac computer, it has something to do with networks. Sorry for not helping much but I just wanted to help narrow it down a little.

3. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I believe the software telling you the the specific computer is not authorized to use the software (i.e. Only licenced for a specific computer for a certain user account) and is determining that the computer you are attempting to use isn't valid for the account by identifying the machines MAC address.

(The MAC address is hardwired/ firmware determined on computers wifi and network cards)

4. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

First: are you using the same computer as originally used when installed ? Or did you performed any kind of restore ?
    When you registered the software what network configuration did you used ?
    wired ? Wireless ? USB dongle ?
    Try the same network card to make sure the MAC address is the same; to make sure disable the other network card for testing.