your MBP 13" makes a little constant noise on the left side?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iPorFerLuis, Oct 12, 2009.

1. iPorFerLuis macrumors newbie

Hi everybody..

I have this beautiful machine since 2 weeks ago (replacement of my MBP 15" early 2006) and today, alone quietly in my living room, i heard a tiny noise coming from the magsafe connector area..

does anyone have the same noise? it is normal?

(sorry for my english) and thanks to everyone.

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I can say that I can hear a slight fan noise when it is completely quiet, but other than that there is no noise. Does it sound like "whooshing" sound so to speak? If so the sound you are hearing is indeed the fan.

4. iPorFerLuis thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not the fan..

it is definitely like static sound.. Is that normal?

5. iPorFerLuis thread starter macrumors newbie

and when I plug the magsafe (charging) the noise becomes a little more intense (noisy)... but to hear it you still have to put your head and ears close to the magsafe connector area

6. prodigee macrumors 6502a

If you have to put your ear right up to the machine, then you really dont need to worry about it.

7. iPorFerLuis thread starter macrumors newbie

No, it's not like "whooshing".. it´s more like static sound.. it's a really tiny noise but still enough to hear it when I'm close to the front

8. prodigee macrumors 6502a

If it is really tiny and you have to be really close to the computer to hear it, then it is probably normal, and you have very sensitive hearing. :p

If it continues to bother you and you want to find out what it is definitively take it to the Apple store and see what the Geniuses say. I personally think that its nothing and just a normal sound that is made by the MagSafe, you are just the first to notice it.:)