Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
$6.99 for Firehouse Scheduler and it was worth every penny. For those of us that have screwed up schedules it's the only way to go.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
2DO: Tasks done in Style. $9.99… I paid 7 for the app and 3 for the iCloud sync (which Apple then told them to stop charging for). I should mention that I have used the app maybe once or twice.

For Mac: COD4 - $20. iWork (all) - $60. Lion - $20. Mac - $1800.

keaide

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2010
Quick Office pro it is for me as well. Great disappointment. Then bought Office2 for half the money and found that it is way better.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
$4.99 Garageband.

but I *WOULD* gladly pay MUCH more than that for many apps if they had a trial try before you buy preview app. Text descriptions and reviews and a handful of screenshots simply isn't a sufficient way to tell if the app does what you want. I downloaded a $2.99 game on the good reviews it got and the good screenshots, but it turned out the game was super lame. It was just 3 bucks, but I felt burned. After that happens a couple of times I'm TOTALLY turned off to apps that don't have a limited preview lite version available.

When I use a light version of an app I'm literally almost infinitely more likely to buy it, because I basically never buy apps that don't have a limited trial version to try out first. And for apps that I do try out with a light version, I usually go on to buy the full version probably around 60% of the time. That's pretty damn good.

TL;DR let me try out a lite version of the app and I'll usually GLADLY pay a significant amount of money if your app does what I want.

May 8, 2008
Garmin USA. $50.

It's been very useful. I'm very glad I waited until they made all mapping data available offline.

notkodysmith

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2012
my most expensive

If we're just talking the app price:
pages and numbers, 9.99

in app purchases:
pocket planes, free
ive easily spent 30 dollars on that game, but ive had more fun with it than practally any game that i've played on the iPhone since tiny tower.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.