Your most hated food (or drink)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm not asking you to name foods you simply do not like. I want to know what foods you have a veeeeery strong distaste for.

For me, eggs do it for me. I can't stand eggs, and if I smell or taste an egg, I want to throw up. The smell of eggs, or even the sight of runny eggs makes me feel a bit queasy. The strange thing is that before I was 11 or 12, I used to love ham and egg sandwiches. Another strange thing is that if I can't taste the egg, or smell the egg (eg: egg in fried rice), and the egg is thoroughly cooked, then I don't feel sick. It's just the taste and smell that makes egg a problem.

Other things I really don't like are ginger, and licorice. Ginger cookies are quite good, but licorice lollies, or licorice alcohol (eg: Sambuca) is foul.

2. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

i hate scallops. i detest them. they smell funny to me. i know seafood has an odor in general, but scallops are gross to me.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Seafood (including all fish, shrimp, lobster, crab, clams, etc.). I don't even like Tuna.

And yes, I've tried uncountable amounts of fish that friends and relatives swore didn't taste fishy ...but they lied.

Simply put, if the animal lives in water, I won't eat it.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sambuca is amazing. Insulting its delicious flavour is abominable. I'm never talking to you again.

5. c073186 macrumors 6502a

Hmm. I have to agree with the OP on this one. What could you possibly combine Sambuca with that gives it a "delicious flavor"? :confused: (I stand prepared to be corrected, as I have not actually tasted Sambuca but only smelled its presence, which was enough for me)

6. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

7. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

What are you implying? :p

8. Clarus9 macrumors newbie

I absolutely cannot stand mussels. Makes me sick to the stomach just thinking about em... blech!

9. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I'll drink 16 ounces of Sambuca straight over ice before I ever eat 1 ounce of liver. I am not fond of Sambuca ... I just HATE liver that much !!!!

I was in the Army and they served Liver in Basic. Man I was hungry, and figure that the Army would screw up the liver so bad it would not taste like liver.

I went to be hungry that night! :D

10. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Y'know I can't think of a single food that I really detest. Is that unusual? I have a very broad palette, I enjoy all kinds of very different foods, and I have some foods that I don't like. But I can't think of any food that really makes me feel repulsed. I don't like squid because it's too chewy. I don't like most types of brie cheese because they're bitter.

But at the moment I can't think of a single food that would really make me recoil in disgust.

11. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

yummy... baked mussels :D

12. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

Eggs here too. Ugh. Every time i think I'd be ok eating something eggy, I take one look at it and that's all it takes. Just foul.

13. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Adding to the egg-hating here, I'm allergic to them, so I guess I hate them. Pretty ironic since as a kid I ate loads of them.

14. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I agree with this completely. The saddest thing is that people who like seafood really seem to love it; if they want to treat themselves to something extra-special, it is seafood. I really wish I loved seafood since it seems like such a special treat to so many people.

15. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

i like chinese but if i chew a star anise i'd feel like throwing up right away.

16. lord patton macrumors 65816

lord patton

17. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Bell peppers

I can smell them feet away.
    instant gag reflex

18. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

it is indeed delicious.

i can't stand ground beef. meatloaf/hamburgers etc all are completely nasty to me.

i also can't stand ham. makes me sick.

19. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Sambuca and Coke is an orgasm for the palate.

20. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

zomg, my two favourite drinks.. :eek:

21. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

YIPPPEEEE!!!

I love cooked mussels. I just hate cold seafood. In "Western countries" (I don't know how to describe it), when you go to a buffet of some sort, and there's a "seafood bar" full of prawns/shrimp and mussels on ice, I avoid it. However, I won't say I hate it. I can stomach cold seafood, but maybe not cold mussels or clams.

Well I don't mind eating things that would gross others out (all sorts of raw animal, snake, horse, and even lightly seered, yet raw chicken), but Sambuca......GROSS! Licorice is vile in general. I don't mind red Twizzlers/Twix, but keep the black stuff away. :p

22. noaccess macrumors 6502

Absolutely hate mustard. I know, not exactly something you eat by itself, but still... the smell of it makes me gag :eek:

Oh, and lamb. Ew.

Edit: On the same topic, I'm really, really curious about this: Is it true that to most people, garlic smells (and tastes) unpleasant in the same way that fish does? I asked someone about this, they said yes, and to me, garlic almost has no smell at all.

23. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Black licorice is insane. I don't touch that wannabe red junk. The saltier the better if you ask me, unless it's apple flavoured licorice. (Oh yes..) I guess that's why I like sambuca.

24. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

well the thing that first comes to mind is cheese around the likes of blue cheese, lindberg...all those.
    Also I HATE mushrooms....worst food on earth.:eek:

25. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm allergic to most fish.
    I don't eat pork/ham etc.
    I hate mustard the smell and taste...gag