Your most recommended USB-C devices/cables/adapters? ...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cmeisenzahl, Jun 9, 2017.

1. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

College son just got the new 13" MBP with USB-C. For those of you who have already migrated to USB-C on a laptop, what devices/cables/adapters would you recommend? What's been the most useful during the transition?

I already ordered him a USB-C to Lightning cable for his iPhone, and a small USB-C to USB-A adapter.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Get an Ethernet to usb C and HDMI if he needs to hook up his laptop to a projector etc.
    I forget who makes it but they make a USB C AND USB A flash drive to store files on and won't have worry about remembering dongles if he needs to transfer files between computers.
    Also look into a USB C hard drive for time machines backups.

Get apple care. Especially now that it has accidental coverage!! Stuff happens in college haha

3. Garrett998 macrumors member

USB-C to HDMI would be helpful for college as most projectors for presentations now use HDMI. I don't have any specific brand recommendations as I have a 2013 MBP but I would look into some adapters. I feel like USB-A and HDMI were the ports I used the most in college.

4. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

5. vipergts2207 macrumors 65816

vipergts2207

I wouldn't go too crazy with a bunch of adapters that may go unused. I'd stick with the following and then buy others later if needed.

2x USB-A
    HDMI
    USB-C/A combo flash drive

Maybe Ethernet, but I suspect he'll just use Wi-Fi so I wouldn't bother.