Your new iPhone: Naked or Protected?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nStyle, Feb 12, 2011.

?

Naked or Protected?

1. Definitely naked. The benefits of naked far outweigh the loss of beauty incurred by a case.

36 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Protected. I don't want to take the risk.

63 vote(s)
    49.6%
  3. A screen protector for now and maybe a case in the future.

28 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. nStyle macrumors 65816

For the new iPhone owners: are you going to leave your new beautiful and pristine iPhone untouched (naked); or are you going to put some extra insurance on it at the cost of aesthetic pleasure?

2. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Your late. There are many threads like this that were made back in June of 2010 when the same phone came out. So once again it's the SAME phone so there is no need for a new thread

3. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I started with a bumper and screen protectors but now just use a carbon fiber skin. The phone is so thin and has an awesome solid feeling in the hand. I feel that a case detracts from that quite a bit.

And to the rude guy above me, you didn't need to come into this thread!

4. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

5. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Naked. But as long as it's in my pocket, I keep it in a pouch to prevent it from getting scratched. Only accidents or vandalism can really damage it then, and I have insurance to cover that.

6. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

it boils down to preference ... even protected, a drastic fall could still damage the iPhone. Just be careful and go with what feels right for you. :cool:

7. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

It depends on the type of case/protection you have.

8. Beezy macrumors regular

Case but screen is naked. Can't stand screen protectors. Would rather have the scratches tbh.

9. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

Why don't you like screen protectors?

10. Beezy macrumors regular

Never had luck with putting them on perfectly for one thing and I like the feel of the glass. I have some scratches on the screen. It's pointless now. Anyway you cant see the scratches when the screen is on and that's all that matters to me.

11. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

12. jonofthedead macrumors newbie

Black bumper + front and back screen protectors. It preserves the beauty of the device and allows me to not be so OCD about protecting it.

13. Joined:
    Jul 1, 2007
    I go naked, except with a LuckyLabs carbon back wrap. I may end up going back to at least a bumper type case because I get so paranoid I'm going to drop it sometimes. :eek:

14. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I go with front and back skins/protectors. Keep it in a pouch when not in use. Has worked well so far.

15. Austin M. macrumors 6502a

Austin M.

I have thought about taking that route but have never attempted. I really wanna get a Sena Corsa and then a full body Ultra Matte SGP kit. I think that would be a match made in heaven.

16. patp Guest

Naked for now. Still looking for the perfect case. Bought an inCase slider white case when i purchased my iPhone but didn't like the extra bulk. Also the front lip interfered when i typed.

The iPhone 4 looks so good naked, I'm gonna have a hard time deciding on a case. Something minimal that doesn't distort the beauty of the phone.

17. Beezy macrumors regular

The pouch would be cool but I have dropped mine a few times and it's usually when I am using it. One time on concrete. The case saved my ass. I dropped it on my wood floor a couple times. Once without the case. I don't want to press my luck. I wish these things weren't so fragile.

18. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

19. essdee macrumors member

After going through numerous cases (plastic to silicon to aluminum), I feel nothing beats how the phone feels in hands without a case on. I do have front and back screens and side vinyls, but that doesn't add really anything imo.

20. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Agreed, the iPhone 4 looks so good naked that I don't even like cases, but I get to paranoid so I use a bumper an front and back screen protectors.

21. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Naked, with...
    - PS Anti Glare On Front
    - PS Crystal On Back !

22. fbs1992 macrumors newbie

I was going to go naked based on the reputation of the glass but then some slight scratches appeared on the back after a few hours so I ended up going with screen protectors and I am trying to decide what case to get that isn't too bulky

23. andrewmon macrumors newbie

24. ChinaAzzi macrumors regular

Cases are much more than just protection. That is why I own a few of them. :)